BMW Vanos cam angles

Oksanen

Hello! Got my FuryX running and retired my Vipec V88 this week. Everything went smooth, just been adjusting fuel map on the streets. 

I read the help file a lot cause I have a little confusion about the Vanos. Intake cam reaches maximum ~29degrees on the logs, my request is way more (46).

Is the vvt angles shown in the logs in cam degrees or crank degrees? My M54B30 has max 60 crank degrees of movement on camshafts. That ~29 is just half of that, so I need confirmation that the cam stops moving because of mechanical limits. Vanos has been rebuild, cams are schrick cams. From the logs I could tell that the system is trying to drive the vanos solenoid still with full DC when moving stops on that ~29. 

7 hours ago, Oksanen said:

Hello! Got my FuryX running and retired my Vipec V88 this week. Everything went smooth, just been adjusting fuel map on the streets. 

I read the help file a lot cause I have a little confusion about the Vanos. Intake cam reaches maximum ~29degrees on the logs, my request is way more (46).

Is the vvt angles shown in the logs in cam degrees or crank degrees? My M54B30 has max 60 crank degrees of movement on camshafts. That ~29 is just half of that, so I need confirmation that the cam stops moving because of mechanical limits. Vanos has been rebuild, cams are schrick cams. From the logs I could tell that the system is trying to drive the vanos solenoid still with full DC when moving stops on that ~29. 

you need to do a cam angle test... it will retard and advance the cam and insert the offset data which will zero it out. 

Yeah I did that cam angle test-calibrate initially to get the correct angles on the cams to have the VVT to  working, before this it gave heaps of errors in VVT runtime values. I don’t think cam angle test runs the cams at all it just checks the initial positions of the trigger edges of the cams on relaxed position.

I know the cam angle is shown in realtime values as crankshaft degrees, but I’d like to have confirmation if the actual Inlet/Exhaust position in datalogs is shown in crankshaft degrees. (Inlet bank1 position, exhaust bank1 position)