Vipec v44 not working with race technology dash2

andy1980

Wondered if anyone can help me with trying to get it to talk to the dash. Im now using a Can lead as I couldn't get a serial lead to work either. I've uploaded the can settings to the ecu that race tech supplied but still can't get any info coming out the ecu.

Has anyone got any suggestions of anything we might have missed?

Thanks. Andy

ECU is serial number 10000 or later?

Can ID matches in ECU and dash

In runtimes (F12) under the CAN tab do you have any error showing?

Serial number is later than 10000

What do you mean by can id matches en ECU and dash?

Yes there was an error in the runtime, I'll double check what the error was tonight when I'm home.

Thanks

Andy

I spoke with R/T today and they suggested i put a 60ohm resistor between the Can H and Can L, this has not worked either.

Below is a screen shot of the Can set up screen and the runtime errors.

usercan_zps55680ba5.jpg

vipec2_zpsdcfd0b71.jpg

Any ideas??

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

The CAN errors you are seeing are commonly caused by the CAN wiring being incorrect or the CAN Data rate being incorrect.

Do you have a DASH 2 or a DASH 2 Pro?

A had a quick look through the Race Technology DASH 2 manual and looking at the pinout it does not appear to support CAN, only serial.

The DASH 2 Pro section of the website says CAN is a feature which is coming. Which pins on the dash have you connected the CAN bus to? Do you know what Data rate the dash operates at? 1mbps and 500 kbps are the most common rates used on CAN.

Cheers,

Scott

I have just the dash 2, it's wired through the terminator block/ecu interface that race tech have supplied, it's only two wires can h and can l. I haven't connected any other wires that come from the can port of the ecu.

Hi ,

does your dash have any form of data template to setup, does the dash need to be programmed to see different data strings.

The terminator block you are referring to sounds like a CAN to SERIAL convertor, normally have 6 wires ( 2x RS 232, 1x CAN Hi,1 x CAN Lo, 1 x 12 v +ve, 1 x 12 v -ve)

Are your CAN Hi and CAN Lo wires twisted pair.

Have you considered terminating the ECU to the dash in RS 232 format to see if it works without the interface.

I have done a lot of ViPEC to MoTeC dash setups using CAN and RS 232 (PRE 10 000 units) and it works spot on, however I have never tried a Race Technologies unit.