Unusable knock signal on Subaru engine.

warmup

Logs.zipECU: V88

FW: 4.9.8

VTS: 4.9.8

Car and Engine: V11 STi, hatchback, EJ25.

Knock system: ViPEC Knock Amplifier with Subaru OEM sensor and Bosch sensor.

Sensor position: Subaru factory position, sensor was torqued with factory spec which is 25N.m(18lbs)

Freq setting: 12KHz for Subaru sensor, 6KHz for Bosch sensor

I was trying to setup base knock threshold for a Subaru OEM knock sensor, but the log does not seem to make sense.

Logged knock signal is very weak before 4000rpm, after that there is a big jump to almost max signal. With a head phone plug to the amplifier I can hear knock at around 6000 rpm but can not tell if it was knocking from the log.

And also I have some sharp dips here and there when logging the knock signal, why?

See the pictures:

SubaruSTiV11OEMKnockSensor.PNG

There is another log picture, same car, knock sensor swapped to Bosch sensor from ViPEC, seems better, but still has some dips, very confusing....

BoschSensorFromViPEC.PNG

Log files also attached.

Freq setting: 12KHz for Subaru sensor, 6KHz for Bosch sensor.

Gain was set to 5, no noise cancel. Analog output read from ViPEC run time value was 1.0 ~ 1.3V @ 3000RPM.

Knock amp power connected to a switched +12V in car, ground was connected to the car body.

Can you please also attach either your base-map or a screenshot of your knock settings?

I'm wondering if for some reason the frequency filter on the knock block does not line up with the frequency the knock sensors are transmitting.

If you have a chance try using knockblock frequency filter 1 (4 to 10 kHz) with the bosch sensor and 2 (10 to 16 kHz) with the subaru sensor.