A noobs trouble with CL boost control

JoshG123

Guys & Girls/Girls & Guys,

CL boost control.... working, sometimes... Sometimes i hit the target, other times I don't? I think it's dependent of maybe what 'stage' i land in?
Obviously want to target quick spool and 22psi however, I can get pretty close to that some of the time, other times it will land around 15ish. Not cool. This is regular though, on the same drive, even changing from 2nd to 3rd for example (22ish in 2nd / 15ish in 3rd)

Nothing in the trim tables is causing this, logs confirm this too.

image.thumb.png.65bf620224c19ec497fb8d9cdc22e4c0.png

Basic detail
WRX, 207, My98 heads, VF43 turbo, E85 / all supporting mods

Cheers!

boostbttr.llgx

Have you attached the right log?  In this log all the boost attempts where throttle is at 100% the MAP goes more than 10psi past target and that is with the ecu pulling 14% DC out.

There are quite a few things I would change in your set up, but first, does it control ok & repeatably in open loop?

Should be? 
Don't tell me the target is absolute pressure (MAP) and not MGP? As i could understand then the overshoot of 10ishPSI!
In Open Loop I think it was masked by the fact the smaller TD04 would ONLY hit 23psi, however now with the VF43 it needs control. So potentially it was never right?
I can go back to open and reset and try again. But... What is target? gauge or absolute pressure?

Duh - MAP based (correct me if wrong)

If the Boost source is set to MAP then the target will be MAP.  This is the most common option as MAP is what determines the torque (cylinder pressure) and also the factor that you need to consider against engine or driveline component strength. 

B7yP384.png