Evo 8 Link g4x problem after car is restarted.

Krystian

Hello everyone. I have brand new link g4x in my evo 8. I did base tune on low boost. Car have problem when is restarted. I tuned the car to run 14.7 idle and around 11.5 air fuel on e85. When car is restarted it does have richer air fuel by almost full 1.0 point. So runs 13,7 idle and around 10.5-10.7 wot. But when I stop again and shut the car off for 30 seconds and back on its back to 14.7 and 11.5 wot. I sent my map to multiple tuners and also to the link support but they did not found anything in tune that can make this issue. When I switch back to OEM ecu problem is not there car runs perfect with no air fuel change after restart. I found one guy that is also running link g4x on his evo 8 and his car has exactly same issue as mine. He does not know much about tuning and some shop was tuning his evo but he was nice enough to meet me and we drove his car around and restart the car multiple times and sure enough car has same issues as mine. I installed his ecu in my car and I left his map on that ecu (he has very similar setup as mine) and car still had the same air fuel change. How possible that 2 evos with same link 4gx got same issue? Is this firmware problem or...?? I did changed everything possible in my car: wideband, Cam, crank sensor, alternator, battery, wires for battery, grounds, different map sensors, iat sensor, throttle body,fuel pumps, injectors, and still same issue but again  no issue on stock ecu with exactly same setup. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I am including my map and 2 loggers with 2 different air fuels. Btw all fuel corrections in the tune are turned off.

my tune e75.pclx PC Datalog - 2022-06-7 9;58;43 pm.llgx PC Datalog - 2022-06-7 10;07;15 pm.llgx

27 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Bit of an odd request but if you have the vehicle running and change your injector timing from 320 BTDC to 680 BTDC does this give the same difference in displayed Lambda/AFR values?

That a good question. Let me try that and post back!

20 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Bit of an odd request but if you have the vehicle running and change your injector timing from 320 BTDC to 680 BTDC does this give the same difference in displayed Lambda/AFR values?

Hello. I did changed from 320 BTDC to 680 BTDC and yes this gave me the same difference in air fuel. So now the big question is how should I adjust it so the air fuel does not change anymore. I left it to 680 BTDC and car was running perfect and I restarted it maybe 10-12 times and on the last restart it did changed air fuel to leaner one but when I restart again it again change back to the good ( smooth) AFR, so it is still not setup correctly. You helped me a lot!!!!!! How do I adjust is correctly? Thank you so much!!

If changing the injector timing by 360deg replicates the problem that suggests that the ECU is syncing in the wrong half of the engine cycle (you have waste spark so it will still run but the injection timing will be wrong).

Can you take a trigger scope of it while it is idling please.

3 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

If changing the injector timing by 360deg replicates the problem that suggests that the ECU is syncing in the wrong half of the engine cycle (you have waste spark so it will still run but the injection timing will be wrong).

Can you take a trigger scope of it while it is idling please.

Yes I can take trigger scope in a couple minutes. Should I keep 360deg or 680deg during the trigger scope?

If ECU is syncing in the wrong half of the engine does it mean that I have cam or crank sensor problem? I installed brand new crank and cam sensors. When 320 btdc is set than most of the time air fuel is lean car run rough and only sometimes after restart is rich and smooth but when Btdc is set to 680 than most of the time afr is richer (smooth) but only sometimes after restart switch to lean (rough) one. Where should I look for problem. In the tune or in the car?

4 minutes ago, Krystian said:

If ECU is syncing in the wrong half of the engine does it mean that I have cam or crank sensor problem? I installed brand new crank and cam sensors. When 320 btdc is set than most of the time air fuel is lean car run rough and only sometimes after restart is rich and smooth but when Btdc is set to 680 than most of the time afr is richer (smooth) but only sometimes after restart switch to lean (rough) one. Where should I look for problem. In the tune or in the car?

Looking like a software issue, I'm just finishing off the other thing I'm doing then I'll see if I can make you a custom firmware to test.

16 hours ago, rrob said:

The cam wheel can be bolted to the back of the cam 180 degrees out. The small tooth should be to the top left with cylinder #1 @ tdc. 

I did checked it twice already but to be 110% sure I checked it today again. The small tooth is on top left when cylinder 1 is at tdc

The cam wheel wouldnt make it change phase between starts anyhow.  It would just be 360 out all the time.  We are pretty sure this is a problem in the trigger code so will update you when the firmware team can take a closer look.  

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

The cam wheel wouldnt make it change phase between starts anyhow.  It would just be 360 out all the time.  We are pretty sure this is a problem in the trigger code so will update you when the firmware team can take a closer look.  

Thank you Adam I really appreciate that!!

Yes I can send basemap and some logs later today. I noticed that when I keep injector timing at 320 btdc than car is not running right you can feel it is running rough and afr was leaner ( bad afr) but after around 15 restarts afr changed to richer and car was running smooth and nice. When I changed injector timing to 680 btdc car was running smooth and nice ( richer afr) but after 10-15 restarts it did changed afr to leaner one and car running rough again. So to make it run nice it must be set to 680btds but still change afr once every 10-15 restarts. I will send some loggers later today.

Here are 2 loggers from today showing different afr after car is restarted. I can't upload my tune after firmware update here because I used all 10mb of room is it any way to unlock more space or can I send tune to your email? Thanks!

PC Datalog - 2022-06-15 7;55;58 pm.llgx PC Datalog - 2022-06-15 7;52;45 pm.llgx

11 minutes ago, Krystian said:

I can't upload my tune after firmware update here because I used all 10mb of room is it any way to unlock more space or can I send tune to your email? Thanks!

Upload it to your google or one drive or whatever other online storage you have and share a link to it here please