Evo EThrottle

Turbo.Tim

Hello, I am trying to set up Drive by wire on my Evo 8.   I have attached a log along with the map.  I am not sure it is configured correctly.  While testing it will follow the AP input then it just starts flapping open and closed really quickly and erratic.

I am using Bosch throttle body with Evo x pedal.  As soon as I add the gain the TB starts to make a humming/buzzing sound.  I am not sure if that is normal or i have some of the wires crossed.

ethrottle.llg Ethrottle.pclr

The log has very little recorded.  Next time you need to go to >logging>setup logging> PC log, then hit the "add all" button down the bottom.  

The whining noise is normal.  

The oscillation is just your PID needs tuning.  Try proportional around 7.00, Integral 0.10 and derivative 30.00

i started up the car today and I have an isolating idle. This was happening occasionally previously.  I assumed it was a bad idle control valve which is what motivated me to do the DBW conversion.  It did not happen all the time.  Maybe 1 in 10 drives.  But it would not go away after warm up.

What am i missing?

Ethrottle.3.pclr ethrottle start.llg

Reduce the values in your start up step table to say 0.5% as a starting point.  You may also have to reduce the values in your base position table.  Basically you are commanding the throttle to open so much that the engine is reaching the over-run fuel cut RPM which cuts fuel, so then RPM drops, fuel cut is removed, RPM shoots up again etc.  

You should also set up idle ign control as it is really needed for good idle with E-throttle.

Thanks Adam.  You are a wizard.  It only wanted 2% throttle for idle but it is no longer hunting.  I assume i will have to play with cold start later.

I have turned on ignition idle and turned it to a 2d table as per the help file.  Does this look better? I still have not driven it yet.  I will get a log once i have the opportunity to take it out.

ethrottle.6.pclr