Limits / Warnings "latching" and "resets"

senordos

Hi,

I'm setting up some warning lights for overboost / water temp / intake temps...

I can see using the Virtual Aux that I can setup "if BOOST > X" etc. it will go high (or low), but:

Question 1: I assume that after the boost drops, it will revert to normal state... i.e. it won't latch "on"? Is there a way to configure this so it does?

Question 2: And if so, is there a way to reset it via an input so I can clear the error from a dashboard button?

If not, the above is all doable with some simple circuitry on the dash but that requires solder which I'm rubbish at! 

Question 3: The "Limits" - i.e. Boost Limit / RPM Limit / other limits - I notice that the Link will log an error for these ... is there an alternative way to use these other than what I propose above? ...and again, to be able to clear these?

Thanks,

Christian

29 minutes ago, senordos said:

Question 1: I assume that after the boost drops, it will revert to normal state... i.e. it won't latch "on"? Is there a way to configure this so it does?

Use an OR condition looking at itself.  i.e One of the conditions that controls Virtual aux 1 is = Virtual aux 1 is on.  So once it comes on it stays on. 

31 minutes ago, senordos said:

Question 2: And if so, is there a way to reset it via an input so I can clear the error from a dashboard button?

You would then do an AND condition stating that the reset button must be off.  As soon as the reset button is presse this condition becomes false so the virtual aux will turn off.  

Example of both added to the over boost warning:

Gog1uFM.png

33 minutes ago, senordos said:

Question 3: The "Limits" - i.e. Boost Limit / RPM Limit / other limits - I notice that the Link will log an error for these ... is there an alternative way to use these other than what I propose above? ...and again, to be able to clear these?

It doesnt log these as errors.  They do pop up on the top of the screen if you have a laptop connected (so the tuner knows why it was misfiring...) but they dont trigger any stored fault code or CE lamp.  You could set up an aux or virtual aux with Engine limits = 1 to give a warning when any limit was touched.  

Thanks Adam, you're living up to your super-star reputation!

That all makes sense... that's basically how I would have wired it up on a board - didn't think to set it up like that in the software. 

Perfect, thank you.

-Christian