S15 Silvia SR20 Engine Not Starting

nathangatto

Hi guys I have a 1999 Nissan Silvia with the following mods installed: 

Bosch 1650cc injectors

- Turbosmart FPR1200

- Walbro 525LPH

- Garrett GTX3071R Gen 2

I've gone through the setup and have completed the timing (to the best of my ability) but im still unsure as to why the car wont start. 

If anyone could point me in the right direction that'd be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance! 

nissanSilviaJdmMap.pclx TriggerScopeLog.llgx

The trigger scope log i’ve attached was captured while it was cranking, is there another way to log? 

I’ve also noticed a few times that i’ve been cranking the “Trig1 Err Counter” increases and the ECU turns off/on a couple times which is usually followed by a weird rewind kind of sound coming from the bay so I usually instantly turn the key off. 

The other scenario i’ve encountered while cranking is the car sounding like it’s about to start but just never gets spark. Or at least that’s what it seems like. 

Let me know if you guys need any more info!

Thanks 

23 minutes ago, Adamw said:

For injectors that big I would expect the master fuel to be much smaller, more like 5ms, so it is possibly just flooded.  

Can you do a log of it cranking.

• 3 months later...

ok, I will try -100deg.  Ive started from scratch more than a few times, the one time I could get the car to somewhat start and idle, the timing was way out (timing light).  The engine wouldn’t run long enough to bring the timing in.  After firmware update, it seems like timing was near 180 out; using 360 & -360 did nothing. 

confirm your cas is inserted correct into the slot , they can be teeth off.

also i've had cars in the past which did run on stock ecu and didnt run on a Link due to the signal of the cas being sloppy. Replacing the cas is an option , replacing the disc in the cas also works but thats more of a bandaid