SADM 06 STI coupled with JDM engine?

dx4picco

I reloaded the file it worked once. 

Then did something funny and kept running again. Then reloaded the tune file and since then it seems that the pump is running as it should. 

So no explanation but I guess it's solved. Time to assemble the rest of the car

• 6 months later...

so the car is running quite ok.

but I see from time to time VVT bank 1 error (40 errors adding up during 30 min drive.

two things occured to me: when I did the trigger scope at idle the bank one isn't showing up! I found that strange so I checked on VVT tab but the actual seemed to follow target. so I did a second test at 2000rpm and it did indeed show up. see trigger scopes below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1USHKXwSkytBm5VxiJIINfKLiuvHL1eHa/view?usp=sharing about 2000rpm

idle rpm: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V8Sf2j3H2HYfUgX0NHgY8a129FScfsuM/view?usp=sharing

now I see that my 2 sensors are wired differently. is the sensor bank 1 wired backward? or bank 2 ? should it be high most of the time or low?

(engine is my06 jdm sti 2.0L)

Why isn't bank 1 sensor picking up any signal on idle?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Adam,

If you could put an eye on the previous message issue?

Another issue we are chasing and that I cannot explain, what is the data exchanged between the ECU and stock DCCD module on the hawkeye subaru?

We are not getting any error so to say, but automode isn't working and when putting it in manual mode, it works until we depress the pedal and then the light goes out. wondering if this is that the DCCD ecu is missing some informations?

Yes it looks like bank 1 sensor is wired back to front.  

20 hours ago, dx4picco said:

We are not getting any error so to say, but automode isn't working and when putting it in manual mode, it works until we depress the pedal and then the light goes out. wondering if this is that the DCCD ecu is missing some informations?

The DCCD has an APS or TPS signal and tacho.  

• 1 month later...

How does the wall wetting comp parameter interacts during cranking/cold start? I've read through the manual again and didn't seem to find something about that information. I'm still trying to improve the first seconds of the cold start on that car.

PS: I've tested many things in regards to that dccd, and it seems to narrow down to a internal gearbox issue (either plug or coil). I'm not ready to drop the box yet and open it up. so that will wait.

Hey there,

may I have found a bug or I haven't understood something?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uidRrWNtXq3cRxHk14ML8bzuRaWmau8T/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DMc42Q8s9dOrGaIlMDiosKnyz0kOfnjm/view?usp=sharing

during startup, I have no startup hold time, even with 1.5s asked. it goes straight from startup to startup decay.

what do you think?

There is no specific "start up hold time" status, it is included is "startup".   But I just done a quick test and it doesnt behave exactly how the help file explains it so there may be an oversight somewhere, not sure if the help is correct or the way it works is correct.  Ill discuss with engineering next week.    

It behaves more like a "minimum hold time" that starts timing from cranking for me.  So, say I have hold time set to 2secs, if my engine starts straight away(starts quicker than 2sec), it holds for 2sec then decays.  If my engine takes longer than 2sec to start then it continues to hold until the RPM is above 400RPM, then decays.  

Interesting.

I'd like to hear your input on that e-throtle settings. I feel like there is alot of oscilating looking at the first part of the log.

around idle, it feels like it is quite unstable. I tried reducing the integral gain of closed look, playing arounf with ignition P also. without big success.

then I tried playing around with D of ethrottle acutator, but no big changes either I feel like.

I tried reducing once the I to 12.5 I think but also no big changes.

What do you think, are these "normal"?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DMc42Q8s9dOrGaIlMDiosKnyz0kOfnjm/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t8i9VHapGqZ7vJ0Y1opwhy5-ouG7B4fA/view?usp=sharing

I would expect it is probably the same throttle body as our V11 sti, the throttle controls well in our test car so try the settings in our V11 base map as a test (red values below).  I have also seen an effect similar to this before with a Toyota throttle that couldn't be fixed with PID, possibly deadband related or something, I still need to do some further testing on that engine when I get a chance.

c5xYsoh.png   

I believe the parameters I started the log with were very close, only the D would be 60 instead of 65 like you shown, Or even it was 65,but I'm not sure. 

I check and test when time allow me again. 

Now another point, I seem to have erratic MAP reading on boost. How can I know if that is EM noise of physical pulses? 

a good example would be on this log, at 21:32 min, that MAP trace is very clean but at this higher pressure, I get also verytrol high map delta because of that. that will mess up the knock control when I will put that on.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PPZpIAmAV1n7-MBCCEbYmX8CT_ycT4-n/view?usp=sharing

I am a bit reluctant of putting the filter to medium as it would add some delay to the singal during transitions. so I would rather understand what is happening instead of bandaiding things

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have set up the autoblip for the throttle during overrun downshift with a second e-throttle table for variable blip depending on gear and rpm.

my downshift condition is both brake and clutch at the same time (set up in virtual aux). When brake is pressed first then clutch it works like it should.

Some time it happends that the clutching in happends first then starting to release and comming on the brake then the blip happends at a time I would like to be none.

In short, is there a way to activate that overrun downshift condition if brake and clutch pressed, ONLY if brake has been pressed first? I can't think about a way to do that with VA and math blocks