Need Help with Current Tune/Choppy & Jumpy Fuel problem 2JZGTE Non-Vvti

Supra Yoshi

Hello, 

I haven't bothered posting on here about this because I've been trying to troubleshoot it myself but its been about 4 months now and I have bought multiple different fuel setup parts to try to solve this issue. 

During driving, - it will not happen right away when I first drive off after 5 min warm-up - after about 10-15min or even shorter sometimes I'll find the car is almost "peddling or throttling?" just while cruising, barely on the throttle the wideband gauge jumps around from cruising avg 14.5 or so to like 15,16,17 then back to normal. However, if I give it some gas or if I'm cruising while picking up speed, i.e. just giving it a bit more throttle than resting point it acts normal. I, unfortunately, do not have a fuel pressure sensor for my ECU currently hooked up so I cannot see what's happening during that time, I was going to install one asap. 

Car & Setup - 

1996 Toyota Supra 6spd, Non-Vvti Single Turbo - Fully Built - won't go into entire specifics of build, just things I feel relevant. 

Radium Rail, Fuel Lab FPR, AN Fuel Lines (routed off stock hardlines from the pump), Walbro 450Lph E85 Comp, 1300cc FID Inj,

AN-6 Fuel Lines - Radium Rail, Radium Fuel Pulse Dampener, Base Pressure without vacuum set @ 43.5psi, 264 BC Camshafts, BC Cam Gears, Stock Intake, 7072 PTE JB Turbo, AEM Wideband, Link G4+ Ecu, *I have a high-flow radium fuel filter, I have not installed it yet, currently waiting on fittings* 

Any help, input or just advice would be greatly appreciated. My tuner is just swamped with his business and restoring his big boat on the side. 

I attached two different log files along with the current tune.

Thanks so much - Braeden 

August 11th 2022 2nd Log.llg August 11th 2022 Log.llg 17-psi-road-tuned.pclr

I would say it is your accel enrichment way too sensitive.  It is adding like 40-80% fuel pretty much all the time even at steady state.  It goes leans in the areas where the throttle is a bit more steady so the accel enrichment is dumping inn less extra fuel.  In the pic below you see this from about 4:27 to 4:32, the accel fuel (white trace) just settles down a bit and your lambda suddenly goes lean.  

So drop your accel sensitivity (30 is more typical) and possibly increase your deadband until you only get accel fuel for significant transients.  Your fuel map will be completely messed up since it was tuned like this so you will have to completely re-tune fuel.

P3o6etC.png

36 minutes ago, Adamw said:

I would say it is your accel enrichment way too sensitive.  It is adding like 40-80% fuel pretty much all the time even at steady state.  It goes leans in the areas where the throttle is a bit more steady so the accel enrichment is dumping inn less extra fuel.  In the pic below you see this from about 4:27 to 4:32, the accel fuel (white trace) just settles down a bit and your lambda suddenly goes lean.  

So drop your accel sensitivity (30 is more typical) and possibly increase your deadband until you only get accel fuel for significant transients.  Your fuel map will be completely messed up since it was tuned like this so you will have to completely re-tune fuel.

P3o6etC.png

Thanks so much for your input. I’ll be sure to change that tomorrow. I’ll keep posted. I really appreciate the advice/expertise. 

Cheers M8. 

Enjoy the rest of your Day.