Knock setup removing timing while under threshhold and randomly going to zero

Anguscrx

Hi guys 

Working on a 350z with a plug and play ecu G4X running a Link wideband knock sensor. 

While trying to setup the knock thresh-holds I've got the ecu pulling timing with the knock levels way under the threshold (can be seen in the attached log) the ecu is also loosing knock signal, as in all levels go to zero, sometimes the threshold goes to zero. doesn't seem to be related to anything i can see. The lock out targets are all reached. 

I've looked multiple times and cant see anything in the logs so its probably obvious, fingers crossed   

The only thing i can see is the TPS main isn't tracking TPS target 100% (this is the stock Link e-throttle map).   When looking at the logs it does seem to have a tracking target issue inline with some of the knock dropouts.   I'm logging at 50hz  

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards Ian

terry turbo brands test day - log 7.llgx AA Terry 350z knock control.pclx

First - the only time I see it pulling timing is when it detected knock.  Those trims will stay there until either the key is cycled (Clear trim tables at ECU power on setting).  you can see where the retard amount is decreasing the next time you hit the same area even though the threshold is not exceeded.  You may also want to consider setting up the knock level sampling rate on the ECU logger to something like 200-1000Hz as well.  PC logging is at 40Hz and can miss stuff, and your ECU logging sample rate is only set to 50Hz which is barely an improvement.  I've logged dyno runs where the PC log didn't show any reason for knock response, and then the ECU log had a spike that was not observed by the PC logger. 
image.thumb.png.312cb1657591a32ce111a1ac83c759de.png

It's dropping the signals and threshold value completely (disabling detection) when it's below your 5% TPS or when you're exceeding the TPS delta lockout. 

It appears to be working as it should from the log you posted in my opinion.  Usually when I'm setting up an unknown knock system I'll reduce the tps lockout to 0% to get an idea of what the values are nominally and also set the maximum retard to only a couple of degrees or zero degress if you're certain the tune is safe to do so while setting up the knock threshold, freq channel, and gain levels.

Add "Knock system status" to your log set, this will tell you why it is locked out.  Log TPS delta also so you know what kind of delta lockout value is needed.

I agree with KO, you have a bit of both TPS Low and TPS delta lockouts occurring.  

2m0rSeF.png

Thanks for taking a look.  100% i will be increasing the logging speed.  wouldn't have picked it up to those speeds but will definitely will try.  thanks 

Fully understand and can now see the timing going back in each time i get back to the same site.  its not knocking, this is just setup so ill change the settings to help me there. Thank you.

so the screen shot below  this is due to the TPS delta lockout.. ill again log it with the additions you mention.

image.png