2005 STi Fans turn on car bogs down

Volcom86

Hey all,

Got a weird situation - car will almost stall when the fans kick on - it has always done this and I am not quite sure why.

Could this be tune related?

I had attached my Log (happens at 54 seconds) and current map 

Checked earths on the car and everything seems normal

Any help would be much appreciated 

Thanks

Ok, a few things I would change.  Your AC fan is coming on at the same time as the main fan.  Change your fan settings to this:

A8avUFs.png

Next, >Idle speed control>Fan step, change this to 2.0%.

It goes a bit lean when the RPM drops and MAP increases, try increasing these cells to about 70 in fuel table 1:

E7nqD5g.png

Idle ignition gets disabled when the MAP hits the lockout.  The idle ign table might be a bit too aggressive also, can you try these changes below in green.  We can add fan status to the idle ign if we need to but try this first:

SGYBM91.png

Yeah, something odd going on here.  The ECU response now looks quite good to me so there is not much more that can be done to increase torque quickly.  Is it a stock fan?  The battery voltage drops from 14.0V to 12.3V when the fan turns on which seems like a fair bit of load.    

Does the idle valve actually work?  Does it idle at 1500RPM when cold?  

27 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Yeah, something odd going on here.  The ECU response now looks quite good to me so there is not much more that can be done to increase torque quickly.  Is it a stock fan?  The battery voltage drops from 14.0V to 12.3V when the fan turns on which seems like a fair bit of load.    

Does the idle valve actually work?  Does it idle at 1500RPM when cold?  

Yeb stock fans, and yes it starts up at around 1,500RPM when cold and the RPM slowly decreases as the ECT increases so all good there