S2000 Plug & Play General Wiring and Sensor Questions

Feezy

I have some questions about wiring and updating my harness for a Link Plug & Play ECU for the S2000. I know next to nothing about wiring oor electronics so some of the questions are going to be pretty dumb, please bear with me.

I have an S2000 (2002) with the F20c.

I have the following sensors that are on the main harness but have different connectors. These are:

- Injectors: Bosch EV14
- IAT: 2 pin DTM: https://www.t1racedevelopment.com/product/t1-fast-at/
- TPS: Toyota TPS: https://racespeconline.com/products/toyota-2jz-tps-connector-kit (I need this to extend to the firewall. The OEM TPS is at the front and this new set up is on the firewall)
 - IACV: Honda K Series - https://racespeconline.com/products/honda-k-series-iacv-connector-kit?variant=27749049537
If I understand how this works, it's as simple as me depinning/repinning the new connectors in place of the old ones, and then telling the ECU what the new sensor is. Is that right?

From there I am adding three additional sensors:

How are these added? Where would I find the wiring diagram for how to incorporate these into the ECU? I see expansion slots, and CAN slots, and I have no clue which to use or why.

Last question. If I'm having a full harness made for my set up should I have the wiring for the O2 sensor removed? I have purchased the LINK CAN 02  set up which I'll be running. Is there any reason to keep the extra OEM stuff in place?

Thanks in advance for all of the help. I'm very much new with all these electronics and I'm struggling to wrap my head around it.

the oil pressure, oil temp and fuel pressure can all be added in the expansion port using any spare AV inputs and share the 5v and GND out signal for all three sensors.

you're correct in the injectors, IAT and IACV.

I think the help file in the pclink software has pin outs for the toyota tps.

If you need help with any of these shoot me a message and ill send over some pinouts for both.

I was in the middle of typing a reply when AE Race replied so maybe repeating some of the same.

4 hours ago, Feezy said:

How are these added? Where would I find the wiring diagram for how to incorporate these into the ECU? I see expansion slots, and CAN slots, and I have no clue which to use or why.

The easiest option would be using an expansion loom.  This would be plugged into the E-throttle expansion socket on the board.  The 5V and gnd wires will need to be spliced into 3 and also a pull-up resistor added for the temp sensor so you may need someone with more experience to help you with that.  

HHbXOgA.png

5 hours ago, Feezy said:

Last question. If I'm having a full harness made for my set up should I have the wiring for the O2 sensor removed? I have purchased the LINK CAN 02  set up which I'll be running. Is there any reason to keep the extra OEM stuff in place?

It is not needed.  

I appreciate both of you. I think I get the wiring of them in, my curiosity now is the difference between the CAN ports and the expansion ports.

I have three expansion ports on the board, so I specifically want to use the E-throttle one, or is any of them ok to use? When would I want to use a CAN port. I bought the adapter for the Lambda kit, but outside of that is there a benefit or a reason to use those ports?

Thanks again. I really appreciate the guidance.

2 minutes ago, Feezy said:

I appreciate both of you. I think I get the wiring of them in, my curiosity now is the difference between the CAN ports and the expansion ports.

I have three expansion ports on the board, so I specifically want to use the E-throttle one, or is any of them ok to use? When would I want to use a CAN port. I bought the adapter for the Lambda kit, but outside of that is there a benefit or a reason to use those ports?

Thanks again. I really appreciate the guidance.

simply put when you're adding your CAN lambda it will get connected to this port. 

1 minute ago, aerace_fab said:

simply put when you're adding your CAN lambda it will get connected to this port. 

Sorry. I get that.

I'm trying to understand in general would I ever add these other sensors to the CAN port versus an expansion port? I have been trying to read up on CAN and what it is, but I'm a little fuzzy on what sensors are applicable to it and why.

The E-throttle port is the best one for the sensors you want to add in this case since it has a 5V and Gnd connection.  The expansion ports are for connecting sensors where the signal is measured directly by the ecu, or outputs for the ecu to control stuff directly.  

CAN is a communication network, it is just a method for other devices to talk to the ecu, so you can send a lot of data or signals from many devices over just the two wires.  And it can also go both ways, for example the CAN lambda sends lambda, temperature, pump current, voltage, statuses and errors to the ECU, and the ECU sends RPM and exhaust pressure to the CAN lambda.  At the same time you could have a CAN gauge, an EGT amp and a Keypad all connected to the same 2 wires.