[SOLVED] G4+ Evolink 1-3 Link Wideband on Haltech WB1

galantis

Hi Guys,

Been running a 4G63T engine off Link G4+ engine management for around 3 years.

I have tried to upgrade to a wideband to get the fuelling a little less rich.

My setup:

• Haltech WB1 Wideband Controller Kit (w/Bosch LSU)
  • Link CAN JST cable (12v provided by unused narrowband o2 sensor feed and grounded to chassis).

I have gone through the CAN setup stage and in the knowledge that not using the Link Wideband controller I cannot use the Find Devices functionality in the CAN UI I still cannot get the Link CAN source to be listed in Analogue or Digital inputs.

Can anyone give any guidance?

Edited by galantis
issue resolved.

Moved to the G4+ forum.  

You dont need to set any source in G4+, it should just work as soon as the CAN is assigned.  Just ensure no analog input is assigned to lambda 1 function.  

To confirm its status, go to the runtimes screen (F12), ECU status tab, and you will find lambda 1 status in there.  

• 6 months later...
On 9/7/2022 at 11:00 PM, Adamw said:

Moved to the G4+ forum.  

You dont need to set any source in G4+, it should just work as soon as the CAN is assigned.  Just ensure no analog input is assigned to lambda 1 function.  

To confirm its status, go to the runtimes screen (F12), ECU status tab, and you will find lambda 1 status in there.  

Apologies for the VERY long reply. Only just been able to return to this issue last night.

So removed any assignments of from Analog IN for Lambda and in ECU Status - Lambda 1 and Lambda 2 output are at 0.00 and flagged as OFF.

Interestingly there are CAN Transmit Errors present. As I am using a CANJST straight into a WB1 do I need a 2nd DTM4 connector in the second WB1 port with a termination resistor?

As a plus it did appear that the WB1 was awake enough to try and heat the LSU as it was getting quite warm in the open air.

Mk2.pclr

Have made an interesting connection from this thread.

Apparently the WB1 and the CANJST for the G4+ have the CAN wires flipped at least on paper. Trip to the garage begins shortly.

From some digging here:

https://support.haltech.com/portal/en/kb/articles/can-wideband-controller-wb1-and-wb2-bosch-lsu-4-9-lambda-sensors

and here:

https://dealers.linkecu.com/ADA_2

Link:

CAN H - Pin 4

CAN L - Pin 3

Haltech:

CAN H - Pin 3

CAN L - Pin 4

The only thing I need to figure out now is how to gracefully correct this since the CANJST DTM is sealed at the rear.canweirdness.thumb.PNG.f82c93423a012eb51a81e7d887e6a826.PNG

13 hours ago, Adamw said:

Of course if you are using accessories from different manufacturers you will need to wire it yourself correctly, it will not be plug and play.  

The amount of stuff I see on youtube suggesting that its plug and play, its easy to assume.

Update: I repinned one of the DTM leads that Haltech provided (the CANJST plug turned out to be potted) and immediately I had a working CAN bus and a working lambda. Now the real work can begin.

So CAN transmit error counters can definitely suggest a flipped High and Low pair.

• galantis changed the title to [SOLVED] G4+ Evolink 1-3 Link Wideband on Haltech WB1
  • 8 months later...
On 3/13/2023 at 7:01 AM, galantis said:

The amount of stuff I see on youtube suggesting that its plug and play, its easy to assume.

Update: I repinned one of the DTM leads that Haltech provided (the CANJST plug turned out to be potted) and immediately I had a working CAN bus and a working lambda. Now the real work can begin.

So CAN transmit error counters can definitely suggest a flipped High and Low pair.

I am having that same problem with Haltech WB2. I will switch the pins on the CANJST ecu side and test. Hopefully will work like yours. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...