connecting Pierburg BCS to V3-4 wrx G4x ECU

Whiterabbitrexy

Hi everyone just wanted to know if i can connect this German made PierBurg Boost control solenoid to my wrx Version 3-4 G4x ECU ? my old factory BCS has two wires going to it just like the Pierburg BCS ? i have added a picture

i have a 1998 GF8 wrx Aus spec Manuel EJ20 

Full BSC name is a pierburg Pa6 GF 30

20220910_170409.jpg

Not exactly, that valve will have completely different electronic, mechanical and physical flow characteristics.  The boost control will need to be tuned from scratch.  Boost control is not set up in the base map anyhow so you will need to tune from scratch no matter what valve you choose.  

• 1 year later...
On 9/12/2022 at 6:39 AM, Adamw said:

Not exactly, that valve will have completely different electronic, mechanical and physical flow characteristics.  The boost control will need to be tuned from scratch.  Boost control is not set up in the base map anyhow so you will need to tune from scratch no matter what valve you choose.  

yeah cool i understand i will have to go into my open loop boost table and and completely 0 out all the boost and slowly creep in the boost with the Waste gate DC Table.....i will have to input the Voltage scale for what the pierburg Pa6 GF 30 Boost control solenoid is manufactured too. 

is this all correct ?