Smoothing out Overboost

kaptainballistik

Hey all.

If I need the car to either let the car overboost a little for a few seconds, or at least let the car go over the prescribed boost.. Lets say 5% over... for 5 seconds...

Which particular limit would be the best to target? Its that or its hitting the hard limit! (edit) Nothing overly noticeable is happening in the Logs.

Which tells me I'm logging the wrong things.... No ECU error messages...... 

(Car's fine on the dyno.. of course.. when doing a cheeky block lap.. WHAM...  seems to hit a boost cut in second! Funny thing.. Its in 2nd gear up. Its barely in First gear as it is.... Its not a miss, you hit a brick wall! If i roll slightly off in first when I hit the shift light then get back into it... WHAM!

Its like the whole car has cut out.

And of course its worse on dirt so do you think my logging laptop likes this?

NO! 

I know this particular Wastegate actuator (Hanging off a the VF37) is "lazy and on the Autronic we used a fairly hefty overboost (5 seconds) and I'm only on 19PSI, so if it decides to develop 23 PSI its no issue on a STi motor... 

(Soft tune to "get it going", 34 MM restrictor so it self chokes.. Wastegate is superfluous over 5000rpm!!!!) 

PS: Facebook link of the car doing it....https://www.facebook.com/100003297056389/videos/pcb.5647771265243681/6117802661580450

You really need to set up ecu logging so you can confirm first if it is the MAP limit, then secondly if so, how high does it go.  

You can make your MAP limit table a 3D table with a timer on one axis if you wish to vary MAP limit over time at boost or whatever.