Can TC EGT safety 2JZ

Phil2JZ

Hey legends,

Another question on the Link G4x

Link fury G4x, Haltech TC8 

All ruining and reading well through the canbus system.

Im finding it hard to figure out how to program further safety’s on the engine utilising the Can TC 1-6 sensors.

Would like to program an EGT sensor max temperature limit and then pull timing and/or add fuel to the cylinder that breaches the preset value (900 degree) 

Am I to use a virtual Aux feature, GP Input or some other method? 

Any advice to send me in the right direction would be amazing.

cheers 

In G4+ we used to have a virtual aux condition that would look for the "hottest EGT", so you could set up your safety strategy to kick in if any of the TC's went above a set temperature.  I dont see a clear way to do this in G4X.  It is possibly just me overlooking something obvious though.  I was hoping to bounce it of one of the smarter engineers but I didnt get time today.  We will possibly need to add this function if there is not a good way to do this.  

Hey Adam,

I had some support on the Link FB page.

This method Looks like it will work to a certain point.

But it’s not individually controlling each cylinder as such but it is monitoring and protecting the entire engine if one cylinder goes over the set temperature value. (Blocked or failed injector).

Awsme that we have protection but it would be nice to keep the other cylinders running full power and just limiting what cylinder it needs to, independent from the others.

Each virtual aux can take input from 3 parameters, you could set them up so if any one of them goes over 900 it turns the virtual aux on (so x2 for all 6). A third virtual aux can combine the first two to turn on if either of those first virtual aux's turn on
Then use that virtual aux as an axis on your 4d table, it'll use 0 and 1 as axis values

https://www.dropbox.com/t/jsBZiGAGeK1NGrfY

Thanks for that,

yea i would 100% prefer individual trim control over all cylinder control.

The Math strategy above is very similar to the Virtual AUX strategy also.

Ive tried to play around with individual ignition and fuel trim but i just cant get it. Maybe im just cant see the method.

When using a simple 4D ignition or fuel table, Engine speed on X axis and all that would be needed is "Can TC 1-6 threshold trigger" down the Y axis. Would be a simple method?

Does Link potentially have this coming in further updates?

How do you want the trim to be applied? the same trim everywhere or a specific  trim in certain situations or a trim that changes? I would recommend just using the temperature for that cylinder on one axis of the ind cyl trim table and you can then vary the trim based on the temperature. What you put on the other axis is dependent on how you want the trim to change relative to other things

Thanks Guys, appreciate it.

Looks to be all sorted now.

So for anyone wanting to know exactly how individual cylinder temperature control is set up using CanBus EGTs (Can TC)

Simple setup ;

1. turn on "Individual cylinder fuel correction"

2. select Indv fuel mode = "table"

3. allocate all cylinders to there corresponding Ftrim tables

4. Now you have access to each cylinder trim table, click into cylinder 1 table

5. set top X axis to engine speed rpm, Y axis to Can TC 1 (cylinder 1) and press 'Initiate Axis"

6. Now you have 0-1000 degrees on Y axis to customise your specific temp protection with RPM on top axis.

7. repeat for the rest of the fuel trim cylinders

8. repeat the same for the "individual cylinder ignition correction"

Note. "0" in the trim tables will not effect anything, fuel trim above desired temperature may be in the range of adding  5-15% fuel depending on temperature and RPM. Ignition trim numbers may be in the range of -2 to -15 degree trim depending on temperature limits and RPM.

Hope this helps anyone