Custom CAN I/O

uvamosk

Hello all,

I am about to buy a FuryX and I have a question about CAN message customization.

If I have created my own custom CAN hardware for I/O am I able to use events in the ecu to send CAN messages to my custom hardware as well as send data from my custom hardware to the FuryX to be used by the ecu?

Example I have a interface box that converts the proprietary BUS of a car to CAN data.. one of those messages is a A/C request from the Cars BUS.. so I would need to be able to send a CAN message to the FuryX to be used to trigger A/C.

I would also need to send CAN messages to my interface box that contain Oil temperature, coolant temperature and battery voltage.

I'll be running out of IO on the FuryX and I want to be able to expand its capabilities but I want to do it through my own hardware designs.

Thank you

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

Yes.  AC request would be received as a CAN DI assuming it only needs off/on statuses, then you assign the AC Request input to the CAN DI.  

Basically anything you like can be sent out of the ecu.  

Thank you, I had reached this conclusion but wanted to make sure.

Looks like FuryX is in my future