R33 rb25det no spark

BrockR

Hi all, i have a 1993 R33 GTST manual with an rb25det

I'm completely new to tuning however i am a mechanic by trade

Have the preloaded map for the r33 and have the 360 octo selected

Lock ignition timing 10°

Adjust offest set 0

Delay set to 10 milliseconds

I'm having an issue with trigger calibration, ecu doesn't seem to be sending a spark

Ive tested my timing light and know its fine

Pulled the coil and plug and confirmed its definatley not sparking.

Any idea on where to go from here? Ive read the help section and the instruction booklet the ecu comes with but i seem to be at a loss for why theres no spark 

Ok it is not happy with the trigger.  Can you do me a quick trigger scope.  To do this, connect PC Link to ecu, go to >ecu controls>trigger scope.  start cranking and hit the capture button while the engine is cranking (not before), keep cranking for say 3 seconds.  Hit the save button on the triggerscope and attach that file here.  

• 10 months later...
On 9/20/2022 at 5:23 PM, Adamw said:

Give us a short log of it cranking and a copy of your tune.  Is it a blue plug ecu?  Trigger offset is usually around -85 for most RB's.  

Thank you so much for this.

Old thread, but I have a 1997 GTS25t (RB25DET S2). Mine wouldn't start on the base map.

It appears the R33 GTS basemap doesnt include an offset. I set it to -85 and it fired up straight away. 

It still had no power when throttle was applied. The Master fuel on the base map is 7ms. Set that to 11ms with the stock injectors, and its now able to rev and running well enough to get it to the tuners to do the rest.