Easiest way to get K24a2 running on a FuryX

uvamosk

Hello as title says,

I just bought a FuryX and so now I'm navigating through the process of getting a K24a2 basemap file setup.

Can I use the K20 plugin one and change the I/O pin assignment to meet my needs?

I'll also need to add DBW.

I also see I need to change crank mode to k24.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, use the DC5 base map, change IO assignments to match your wiring, change triggermode to K24 and add the e-throttle settings.  

A good way to see a quick overview of IO assignments is to look in the "pins" folder - for example for analog inputs go to >Analog Inputs>Input pins.  There is a similar folder for aux outputs and DI's.  Here you can see what pins dont match your wiring, then you can click on the pin, then double click on the "function" and it will take you to the correct menu where you can reassign.

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

Yes, use the DC5 base map, change IO assignments to match your wiring, change triggermode to K24 and add the e-throttle settings.  

A good way to see a quick overview of IO assignments is to look in the "pins" folder - for example for analog inputs go to >Analog Inputs>Input pins.  There is a similar folder for aux outputs and DI's.  Here you can see what pins dont match your wiring, then you can click on the pin, then double click on the "function" and it will take you to the correct menu where you can reassign.

Thank you, seemed like that was the way to go. I just didn't know if there was anything I'm loosing out on by using the plug in play as a base since I had the furyX.

One quick question. When I look at this DC5 k20 map. I'm seeing only one fuel table and ignition table.

Does that mean you tuned for vtec using only one main fuel table?

Also the VVT table seems to reference engine coolant temperature for advancement which seems odd. I'm used yo seeing RPM and Map.

Apologies for question if they are dumb.

My experience with tuning have always been Hondata and Neptune

Yeah the VVT table has become messed up in that map somehow.  Copy the one out of the "Monsoon K20 Modelled fuel" base map.  

TPS usually works better than MAP for load on a VVT table. 

As for the fuel and ignition tables - 1 table or two is really user preference.  2 would be more correct, but I dont find it is needed unless you need to change the switch point often.  I typically only use 1 fuel and ign table for Vtec engines.  I get the tune somewhere close, then do one dyno pull on the high cam, another pull on the low cam, overlay the runs, where the lines cross is your ideal switch point.  Set the VTEC activation to that ideal RPM then finish off the maps from there.  You can add a couple of extra columns into the tables around the switch point if cell to cell change isnt linear. 

Whew I'm not feeling crazy.

I'll look at the monsoon map.

I'm thinking about just going through and getting all the setup data from the Monsoon and plugin play files and using it to build a calibration file using the FuryX Default calibration file. This way I can check everything as I go.

I'll probably have questions along the way lol.

The one map 2 map question answer was what I sorta expected and thank you for explaining it a little more to me.

Guess it comes down to what I want to do.

The VVT using TPS is something I'll look into, I assumed using MAP was best you can adjust based on load. But I have no experience directly with VVT tuning other than the kpro/ktuner setups and they both use map i think been awhile.