Strada MXS Display Inputs to ECU as Additional Sensors.

Ben.C

Hi all,

In short, can I use the analog inputs from the Aim/Link MXS Strada display as additional inputs to the ECU? Specifically, I want to add fuel pressure and fuel temperature through the dash to the ECU and have these used for functionality NOT just logging/display.

The reason I want to use the dash to add additional sensors is because I'm using an Atom and am out of inputs/outputs. See below for my allocations. I should note that I'm using the Link CAN Lambda sensor so the CAN stream will have at least that running, as well as (hopefully) the dash. The Aim documentation says the inputs work at 1KHz which to me seems like plenty for fuel pressure and temp.

The dash would kill a few birds with one stone. First, I can free up the outputs used to drive the factory speedo and tach (no more waste spark). Second, I can hopefully add the additional sensors which will help for Canadian fall lapping days (0*c in the AM and +25*c in the PM). Third, I won't need to mount my Aim Solo any longer. Fourth, get a FAR more comprehensive display to keep track of things.

Allocations.jpg

Yes the ecu can receive inputs from the dash, however be aware CAN analog inputs with a G4+ are pretty limited. List below.  As you can see oil and fuel press parameters can be written to directly so they act just like a directly wired sensor, but there is no fuel temp.  The CAN AN Volt inputs are pretty limited in what you can do with them - you can use them on an axis of a table but you cant rename them or change units etc.   

You would probably be best to move oil press to the dash then use ECU ANV2 for fuel temp. 

YLsUK5j.png