g4x gtr plugin ecu , how to wire and setup a kms oil contamination sensor with built in temp sensor

gav1

So I have a gearbox oil contamination sensor which outputs 0-4.5v dependent on metal in the oil. the sensor also has a 2 wire pt1000 temp sensor.  i wired the two temp sensor wires to an temp 3 and and sensor gnd via the expansion cable.. i then added a calibration table based on resistance vs temperature . 1000ohm = 0c  , 1573 = 150c . when i check sensor resistance with my multimeter it is showing 1100c right around 25c which is correct..  the g4x is showing error and reading 5v  not sure what i have done wrong.

also with the oil contamination sensor reading 0-5v output . where can i wire this into? 

any help is much appreciated

Hi,  yeah the oil contamination signal wasnt wired up yet, shouldnt be on an temp i was just looking at the settings wasnt meant to save it on that one.

I now have it on the an volt 4 input via the afm rear signal wire. and have set up a calibration table vs % reading

regarding the version - I am going by what is written on the sensor,  it came already installed on my ppg sequential. 

paul r33gtr 811map pump fuel gate.pclx

1079980355_Screenshot_20220927-170953_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.015199e24eee42d75b9b8f36e555c1c6.jpg1079980355_Screenshot_20220927-170953_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.015199e24eee42d75b9b8f36e555c1c6.jpg

Screenshot_20220927-171049_Video Player.jpg

Yes , exactly.  i need to run the signal wire to the enginebay (to the afm connector) which i hadnt got aound to so was trying to get a reading and that way an idea of my oil condition. 

was surprised to see 10v . i guess i could see what 5v input voltage does to the signal voltage output , maybe the sensor was labelled wrongly at factory..

does the temp sensor settings look correct on my map, and now the contaminant settings ?

also am i correct in using any of the sensor grounds to wire the temp sensor? it doesnt have to be on the same expansion slot? 

thanks for helping

11 minutes ago, gav1 said:

does the temp sensor settings look correct on my map, and now the contaminant settings ?

You dont actually have a temp input assigned or set up, but cal table 2 does look ok for the PT1000.  And yes the oil contamination setup and cal looks like I would expect it to work.  

oh , think i put it on wrong i had it on an temp 3 , but now i see that says engine oil temp, i will swap it around and try again.  

just wired the contamination sensor up to the 5v ecu output instead of 12v and it is reading 0.5v from the signal wire :D . so i guess the sensor just has the wrong print on the outside very odd.