Dumb coils bypass technics

randolph

Hi guys, i need to fool a eom ecu into thinking it’s ignition coil is still present,

the coil is a dumb type. And the car is running a parallel ecu setup, whereby the g4x monsoon is controlling fuel and ignition, the oem is controlling e/throttle along with the other Basic functions, the problem is that when the coils is being driven by the monsoon(via igniters)for some reason the oem knows and gives out an erratic idle.

in the log i can actually see the tp-main moving, but on oem everything is fine. Thanks for the help. 

20 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Do you not think the erratic idle is just because the oem ecu no longer has control of ignition timing?  Typically for engines with E-throttle you need a lot of idle ignition control for good idle.  

Adam, i did check the ign timing with obd scanning tool to verify if the ecu was playing with timing to keep idle sturdy but it seems not because it idles at 7btdc fix.(it would have been bouncing around a bit.( i did confirm this with a timing light too) and also  it does this intermittently, for example it will go erratic for 40 sec, then goes ok for another 40 sec back and forth.

the only way left would be to mimic the coils to confirm, if you know a way that will help a lot. 

13 minutes ago, Adamw said:

was the factory ECU driving the dumb coil directly, or did it have an ignitor?

13 minutes ago, Adamw said:

was the factory ECU driving the dumb coil directly, or did it have an ignitor?

Not sure you got my last reply, the factory ecu is driving the coil directly,

although i have modified the wiring to use ignitor when it’s on link.