Short pulse width adder

TOMMYFD

Hi guys i just changed my injectors on my rx7 fd and gone with id 1050 primary and id 1700 secondarys. I setup everything the thing that i want to ask is about the short pulse width adder table, should i fill that or shouls i leave them to zero?

• TOMMYFD changed the title to Short pulse width adder

I'm running the same ID1050XDS & 1700 injectors in my FD, but with an older G4+ Fury ECU. I got my short width pulse adder table & 3D voltage/fuel pressure vs. dead time table data directly from Injector Dynamics - here's the contact info: http://injectordynamics.com/contact/

Tell them you need data for the G4X, they were very helpful to me when I had to do this last year. Not sure if your G4X would get different data from my G4+ has, given the same ID injectors, but if ID can't help you out, shoot me a private message here and I can share my tables.

Definitely worth using it since the suppllier provides that info.  The data you need is already formatted ready to copy and paste straight into the ecu in the Link section of their library:  https://help.injectordynamics.com/support/solutions/articles/4000074340-link-engine-management 

On 10/4/2022 at 3:16 AM, Adamw said:

Definitely worth using it since the suppllier provides that info.  The data you need is already formatted ready to copy and paste straight into the ecu in the Link section of their library:  https://help.injectordynamics.com/support/solutions/articles/4000074340-link-engine-management 

Luckely i have ID1000 which are illustrtaed in link help file as example.

Can you advice on how to read ID data correct. For 1300x there are alot of negative short pulsewidth adder, how can that be?

SPWA can be positive or negative.  What you are telling the ecu is how much longer you need to open the injector for to acheive the quoted volume/flow.

Below is an example.  I have ploted two lines on the graph of flow rate Vs effective PW.  Blue "ideal flow" is what the injector should flow if it were perfectly linear (straight line).  The orange line is what it actually flows in real life when tested on the bench.  

You can see for example at 1.00ms PW, the measured flow line is above the ideal flow line (injector is flowing more fuel than it should), so in this case the ECU would have to reduce the PW to get the ideal flow (negative SPWA). 

Then at 0.50ms the measured flow is below the ideal flow, so at this PW the ecu would have to increase the PW to achieve the ideal flow (positive SPWA).

HXKSr0u.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for information. Today i started the car since changing from my old 4x sard 1000cc injectors to 2x1050 2x1700 cc I put everything in deadtimes, pulse width with adder staged injection everything is correct i think.

The car goes lean and idle jumps up and down, the only time i have a steady idle is if I increase my fuel table at the given point to over 65% percent and RPM go up to 2000. 
What did i do wrong here?

You changed from an old injector that has no manufacturer data at all to a new modern injector that does have data, so are you assuming it was correct before but not now?  

The sard injectors are low impedance arent they?  Was there a ballast resistor maybe added for the old injectors?

The sard where low impedance but since the car came with a PFC it worked fine. After changing to Link we left the injectors not knowing they where low impedance. The car idled ok but leaned out when gas pedal was depressed so we knew something was wrong and found out that the injectors where low impedance.

we changed to the id injectors changed all the settings and the car does this now