Gear Setup Issue.

k4nnon

Hey all Link G4X plug and play here for evo 9. I just finished a solid wastegate tune on the dyno yesterday. Im having some issues with gear setup. Its probably something simple or something that I missed but I figured I would ask. So I have my vehicle speed set up. I went in to gear set up in "user defined" area and drove the car at 3k rpms on the dyno in each gear and then manually input the numbers into the gear ratio table. Everything stored and saved correctly. I noticed while doing my dyno pulls and tuning that the link was registering only 1st gear while I was in 4th gear doing my pulls, then as the pull finished and i left off the throttle to neutral the link registered 5th gear.. I tried to set this up with the ecu calculated part as well but i must have something wrong somewhere.

Ill post up a log and a current map if anyone needs to see. 

Car is making 445/370 wheel on a mustang at 18psi with no boost control as of yet. AFR is great so far. Soon ill be adding some boost and timing, but its solid for now.

A second question relating to gear set up and wheel speed, Is there a way to input the individual wheel speeds into the link plug and play unit. I know the evos have individual wheel speed sensors, I just dont know how to set up the individuals. I believe the vehicle actual speed is taken from a trans speed sensor.

Anyways Thanks all for viewing and any help or input that is given.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ctVovrKJeoLEI08LdHJdPDSUOxaj20xI?usp=sharing

Your speed signal is very noisy which makes your Gear Ratio Calc. very noisy, I suspect this is due to the dyno and that it will be smoother on the road. A solution for smoothing it out would be to turn on the DI 3 Frequency filtering (Digital Inputs -> GP Input -> GP Speed 1).

15 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Your speed signal is very noisy which makes your Gear Ratio Calc. very noisy, I suspect this is due to the dyno and that it will be smoother on the road. A solution for smoothing it out would be to turn on the DI 3 Frequency filtering (Digital Inputs -> GP Input -> GP Speed 1).

Thankyou for the tip,, Ill give this a try and see if there's a difference on the street!