fuel level config

Wheelspk

Provided the level sensors are 2 wire, then wire them in series, you will then get the average of both sensors. 

7E6q1Dz.png

For the setup, set the analog input as a GP input, probably cal 7/8/9/10 is the most suitable, Volts vs %.  Empty tank, check the voltage on ANVolt, this is your 0% voltage to input into the cal table axis (my example below is 0.6volt for 0% full).  Repeat for other increments such as 25%, 50% etc.  You could just do 2 points calibration (empty and full) but it will unlikely be accurate in between.

NJz2ndZ.png 

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Provided the level sensors are 2 wire, then wire them in series, you will then get the average of both sensors. 

7E6q1Dz.png

For the setup, set the analog input as a GP input, probably cal 7/8/9/10 is the most suitable, Volts vs %.  Empty tank, check the voltage on ANVolt, this is your 0% voltage to input into the cal table axis (my example below is 0.6volt for 0% full).  Repeat for other increments such as 25%, 50% etc.  You could just do 2 points calibration (empty and full) but it will unlikely be accurate in between.

NJz2ndZ.png 

@Adamw

yes evo 8 has a saddle type tank meaning 2 fuel level sensors, do i need to empty my tank and put 25% then 50% 75% then 100% fuel to take reading and do input in the cels? 

i should be taking  the voltage reading on the AN volt after i have combined the two level sensors in series with circuit you have provided?  also on the diagram it shows that the fuel level sensor  is supposed to have a ground? so i put extra ground on it or will my oem ground be okay? 

Screenshot_20221013_030724.jpg

Do it in volts as I said.  You can temporarily set the analog input function to "voltage 0-5V" and the ecu will tell you the voltage, you do not need to measure it with a standalone tool.  Fill the tank from empty in some regular volume increment and note the voltage at each volume.     

56 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Do it in volts as I said.  You can temporarily set the analog input function to "voltage 0-5V" and the ecu will tell you the voltage, you do not need to measure it with a standalone tool.  Fill the tank from empty in some regular volume increment and note the voltage at each volume.     

okay ill give it a go and report back if im stuck on anything. 

thanks @Adamwas always

@Adamw when i took my evo 8 oem cluster off and my link lamda stopped working  :/

as soon as i plugged it back it and it worked again... whats up with that? 

and im back to the drawing board, i cant remove my oem without the Lamda not working. 

i have no idea what link lamda has to do with Evo 8 oem cluster 

From an ecu and lambda point of view there is absolutely no connection to or relationship with the cluster.  Most likely whoever has wired it has connected it to a 12v supply that comes from a dash circuit and this is disconnected when you disconnect the dash

12 hours ago, Adamw said:

From an ecu and lambda point of view there is absolutely no connection to or relationship with the cluster.  Most likely whoever has wired it has connected it to a 12v supply that comes from a dash circuit and this is disconnected when you disconnect the dash

yet thanks for the answer... ill have my electrician fix it ....lol you make mistakes you learn :)

As with any sensor, the ecu is measuring the voltage between the signal wire and ground, so yes the sensor that is connected last needs to have one side connected to ground.  This is exactly the same as the factory, you shouldnt need to change any of the wiring.