Software not recognizing changed tune on connection

koracing

So the last couple software releases I've noticed that if I make changes to a tune while offline (plugged in with key off and autosearch active) then save that tune and then turn the key on I get the tune from the ecu onto the laptop screen overwriting/overriding the values that were on the screen.  The new saved tune's name still listed at the top of the screen as if that's the tune I'm looking at and I fear that it would overwrite the new tune with old data if I were to hit save at this point.  It seems as if it's only reliably giving the PC values are different than those in the ecu warning if I open a file while I'm already online.  Is this a known problem and a fix is coming?

Edit: Also it seems as if when making changes while online if the connection drops out (as G4x have been known to do from time to time) and then comes back online the "short term changes" indicators all go away even though some of the values may actually be different which can cause confusion.

Not just the last few for the offline edit, save, connect, 6.17 operates like that. The only difference between G4+ and G4X for this is that G4X clears the 'setting edited flag' when you save the basemap so that you can see what changes you have made since the save and this means that when you reconnect it is a full reconnect as what you were working on is now a different thing to what's on the ECU.

When I'm making offline changes if I save them I load that basemap into the ECU, if I don't save them before connecting it'll give me the option to copy them in and then I can save post connect.

On 10/22/2022 at 7:38 AM, koracing said:

Edit: Also it seems as if when making changes while online if the connection drops out (as G4x have been known to do from time to time) and then comes back online the "short term changes" indicators all go away even though some of the values may actually be different which can cause confusion.

When I make an online change, pull the usb cable, make an offline change and then connect to the ECU the changes come through fine, is this what you mean or is there more to this process?

The one place I can see an issue is offline make a change, save, make a change, connect, get the option to copy settings and if you click yes it copies the changes that have happened since the save but not the changes that happened offline before the save.