Traction control

FunJam

Hi !

If I would like to lose power very quickly for 1 of 2 reasons, would it be possible to use traction control. 

For example if I go for wheelie ( have sensor under the bike) more than a 200mm or if MAP goes above 200 kPa (just for example) , ECU would retard or cut ignition. 

I would like to gain same kind of effect that I have with launch control, I don't know if ignition retard will work fast enough, so cut may be needed, but I would not like to lose the boost when I do wheelie.

Or if boost rises up wery fast after lauch, and waste gate has problem to keep up, ECU would cut few sparks just to make boost build up little smooter.

Just a tought... :)

Jani

image.png.06d724fe91aca72a9ef7cf35d827fb3f.png

1 minute ago, FunJam said:

Hi !

If I would like to lose power very quickly for 1 of 2 reasons, would it be possible to use traction control. 

For example if I go for wheelie ( have sensor under the bike) more than a 200mm or if MAP goes above 200 kPa (just for example) , ECU would retard or cut ignition. 

I would like to gain same kind of effect that I have with launch control, I don't know if ignition retard will work fast enough, so cut may be needed, but I would not like to lose the boost when I do wheelie.

Or if boost rises up wery fast after lauch, and waste gate has problem to keep up, ECU would cut few sparks just to make boost build up little smooter.

Just a tought... :)

Jani

image.png.06d724fe91aca72a9ef7cf35d827fb3f.png

ignition retard would react very quickly, the question is will it remove enough power to drop the bike back down. You may also run into a problem with boost creeping if you retard the timing too much.  I'm pretty sure you can have it do both retard ignition and if it still has not dropped it can start cutting cylinders. 

I agree, you got my point. And it does not help, that I run with methanol and at some point we are going to add some boost (now I'm running little under 2 bars of boost and my friend says that under 2 is not called boost.. :D) Also bikes might go with go quite long periode in small wheelie without problem, so I don't want to cut power too much. Ignition retard could work here just fine. 

If front continues rising things can go bad wery quickly. Aerodynamics change (I have quite large bottom cowl with lotst of surface) and bike can flip over quite fast. There I need to cut power more agressively, but I still would like to remain boost, so when front is dropping, it might be possible to soften the landing a bit. Bike is 1720 from axle to axle and suspension travel in front is around 20mm. So landing will be hard.. 

Maby I am bit overthinking this, but sometimes foolish ideas lead to good modifications, when you develope them for a while.. :rolleyes:

So, would it be possible to use traction control like in my example to retard timing  in small wheelie and launch control 1 in launcing from starting line and launch control 2 to cut sylinders if front rises too much? Or how it would be wiser to set up?     

I do not need traction control in normal use, since it is not allowed in our class. 

sutii.jpg

What you are really looking for is a drag racing "power management" type function which the G4+ doesnt have.  Although your proposed idea using TC slip could possibly acheive the effect you are looking for, I suspect it will be pretty difficult to understand and tune.