Knock settings on RB26 Stock?

Dynodom

4 minutes ago, Dynodom said:

Hi there

Would anyone be willing to share proven knock settings for a RB26 (RB33) in stock trim, as a starting point for me?

Thanks in advance.

D

Hey, no experience with RB tuning, but its pretty simple to create a knock table from scratch if your willing. Every car is different, even in stock form so one map may not be suited to another but usually in stock form they are pretty close. What i would do is save your current timing tables obviously so you can get them back. Next i would set your knock thresh hold table really high to 1000 so its not making any corrections. Next go to your timing tables and set everything above vacuum to 0* timing. This essentially sets the timing to where the engine is not capable of knocking. Then go out and do some wide open pulls, or a better idea would be to use a dyno if you can. But log and then watch your knock activity, since your timing tables are set to where knock is not possible, what you are seeing is "engine noise". Every cylinder will show different values but they all should be fairly close to each other. If you find one or more cylinders are a lot higher or lower than the others you can adjust the individual gain channels to bring them all in line. Once they are in line, Do a couple pulls and logs and verify that these tables look fairly similar to each other. This is what is considered your knock floor. Take these values and input them into your knock thresh hold tables but add about 20-30% to each of your values. This gives a ceiling in the case of an actual knock event. a real knock event will register a value higher than your added 20-30% so then the knock table will function and pull timing as should. Once your knock table is created you can save and then switch back to your current timing tables. Go do some pulls and verify fuel and that your knock activity is below your table values. if you are seeing a real knock event then you can evaluate your true timing tables and make an adjustment. Hope any of that information is useful haha, best of luck..

4 minutes ago, Dynodom said:

I looked through all my tunes and I havent done many RB26 with knock control for G4+.  The only one I have is below, it will be a starting point, this was from 2016 so the knock control algorithm had a big update sometime after this and I dont even remember the car.  Also im not sure why I used TP on the Y axis of the threshold table in this case, I would generally use MAP for the Y axis or not even bother with load and use RPM only.  

DaNXErT.png