Trigger Offset 3S-GTE

Atroxx3SGTE

Dear all, i need to set up my trigger config. For this i want to ask how the ecu is counting: if i start at TDC and turn cw (looking on pulley, the direction the enginge runs), does the ecu start at zero und counts up, or does it start at 360 and counts down ? i have measured out all edges from both triggers, but not sure how and where to enter the values. 

thanks in advance,

philip

Turn the engine clockwise until the trigger 2 tooth is under it's sensor, from here turn the engine a little further until the first trigger 1 tooth is under is sensor.  This is the index tooth or "zero" offset.  The trigger offset is the angular distance from this index tooth to TDC1.  If you need to turn clockwise from this index point to reach TDC1 the offset value will be negative, if you need to turn anti-clockwise then the offset is positive.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Adam, thx for your reply. Im using a 24/1 "gear" on the Crank and a 1 on cam. I thought referencing the system has to do with the missing teeth on the crank ? is this obsolete, if you have a sensor on the camshaft ? this comes every second turn for 1 time.

what do you mean with "if you need to turn clockwise... or ccw" ? the engine runs always clockwise... so do you mean the shortest way to TDC1... i could reach it theoretically always in both directions ..?

if i turn the engine clockwise:

- i reach TDC1 := 0 degree

- after about 99 degree i get a rising edge at Trigger2 (cam)

- after about 109 degree i get a rising edge at Trigger1 (crank)

more info:

- TDC1 is 0

- rising edge of TRG2 is at 99 degree after TDC1

- rising edge of first teeth after the 24/1 gap is at 82 degree before TDC1

Well you only mentioned "3SGE" in your original post and nothing about an aftermarket trigger system, so my explaination was for the normal 3SGE "Multitooth" trigger.

With a missing tooth wheel (BTW this should be referred to as 24-1 or 24 minus 1, not 24/1 which would generally be considered multitooth trigger with no missing teeth by most) the index point is the first crank tooth after the missing tooth gap to pass the sensor.  The cam is only used for phase so it will just change offset by 360 depending which crank rotation the cam tooth occurs on.  

zHE9bIC.png

• 1 month later...