Haltech IC7 with G4X subaru

kayzarh

The set up instructions are in the ICC software helpfile, I think it might be labelled as "Link G4" or similar but it is pretty much the same.  The only small difference is where they say to choose "transmit displaylink", in G4X you instead choose "Transmit Generic Dash 2".  

Last I heard IC7 didnt have a fuel level input but they said they were going to enable it later so that might have happened already, that is really a question to ask them.  

There are many limitations such as the fuel level that is already mentioned, only a basic set of ecu channels, no custom CAN, no CAN transmit, icons/indicators  cant be controlled by the ecu (only hard wired inputs), and I think only 4 inputs and no outputs.    

I would suggest you download their software, then choose "load defaults" and choose the link configuration, then try to set up each screen to do what you want to check if it is actually possible.   

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Ive managed to hooked everything up, however the dash only works when I select "Transmit Generic Dash" selecting Dash 2 does not work. 

The IC7 dash is not picking up the gear I'm in (Haltech said it would pick this if it's configured in ECU)

The speed MPH reading is not working on the dash? Any ideas on how to fix this  

No? Shall I turn the pull up on and recheck? By the way I've beeped out the VSS and there is continuity at the VSS pin at the ECU without the O.E dash connected 

Edit:I

turned the Pull-Up on and all is working now, thank you yet again Adam. 

Hi Adam,

I'm finding the RPM and Speed to be very jumpy, alongside my oil pressure. Is there anyway to smooth this input to my IC7? 

Just to confirm which calibration should I be using for a Bosch combined pressure and fuel sensor? 

I have in the stock Subaru oil hole (no adapter)

The pressure and temp hooked up

In my Fuel regulator I have just the pressure functionality hooked up. 

I've included a pic of the sensor. 

I also have a GM flex fuel sensor(pic also included) 

Screenshot_2023-01-18-17-50-38-326_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Screenshot_2023-01-18-17-51-34-153_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

2 hours ago, kayzarh said:

I'm finding the RPM and Speed to be very jumpy

I suspect that is possibly a limitation with that dash, I dont think there are user adjustable filters in them like most dashes have.  

Can you give us a quick video though so I can see how bad we are talking.

Ok yeah that just looks like a filtering issue.  For the speed, in the ecu there is a filtering option on the DI, you could give this a try to see if it helps smooth the speed out on the dash.  For the others there is not much you can do, there is an RPM filtering option in the ecu but I would not use that as it would affect the tune, typically this is only used for special cases such as single cyl engines.  

You could try reducing the transmit rate on the CAN settings in the ECU to see if that helps or not.  

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

Ok yeah that just looks like a filtering issue.  For the speed, in the ecu there is a filtering option on the DI, you could give this a try to see if it helps smooth the speed out on the dash.  For the others there is not much you can do, there is an RPM filtering option in the ecu but I would not use that as it would affect the tune, typically this is only used for special cases such as single cyl engines.  

You could try reducing the transmit rate on the CAN settings in the ECU to see if that helps or not.  

My Oil Press sensor is using the TI100 scaling for the pressure even though it's a Bosch combined sensor, shall I change it?