Throttle Pedal Issues

Wejjy

I have a Thunder ECU connected up to a GM TB as follows 

AVI 5 TPS Main

AVI 6 - TPS Sub

AUX Out 9 - Ethrottle +

AUX Out 10 - Ethrottle -

The Calibration works for this and it seems happy but I cannot get my pedal setup at all. Its a Penny and Giles sensor supplied with Tilton pedals (https://www.competitionsupplies.com/penny-and-giles-fly-by-wire-throttle-sensor-to-suit-72-792-and-72-794-mounts) and is wired as follows:

5v in - Red

Sensor GND - Black

OP1 - AVI 8 (Set as APS Main)

OP2 - AVI 9 (Set as APS Sub)

When I calibrate the pedal, I get nothing back at all and subsequent movement of the pot shows no change in voltage from the sensor inputs at all. Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated as this is driving me mad. 

Yeah that should be correct.  The only thing I can think of is check that the Error high and error low settings are set correctly.  I have seen some cases where they had been set reversed - ie they had error low at 5V and error high at 0V so the input was always in error mode.  

Temporarily set error low to 0.00 and error high to 5.00 to disable fault detection.

If still no good from there I would connect a multimeter instead of the ecu to see what that shows.  

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Yeah that should be correct.  The only thing I can think of is check that the Error high and error low settings are set correctly.  I have seen some cases where they had been set reversed - ie they had error low at 5V and error high at 0V so the input was always in error mode.  

Temporarily set error low to 0.00 and error high to 5.00 to disable fault detection.

If still no good from there I would connect a multimeter instead of the ecu to see what that shows.  

Worked! Thanks so much… now to solve the CAN comms issues!