Can't add mathblocks

K3rm1tTh3Fr0g

Ah okay, I see it now. I was looking where it used to be according to the guide I was following.

My next issue is I can't seem to enable long term fuel trims. Do I need to create the math block and set it as the bank 1 source prior to enabling LT fuel trim?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, K3rm1tTh3Fr0g said:

Ah okay, I see it now. I was looking where it used to be according to the guide I was following.

What guide were you following?

5 minutes ago, K3rm1tTh3Fr0g said:

My next issue is I can't seem to enable long term fuel trims. Do I need to create the math block and set it as the bank 1 source prior to enabling LT fuel trim?

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, K3rm1tTh3Fr0g said:

I see the issue now, I had to set the Lambda mode from Stoich (wideband) to auto (wideband) and set the bank source to Lambda average instead of Lambda 1.

You only need to set the Lambda Mode to Auto Mode (Wide Band), the bank source doesn't affect whether or not long term trims are available.

Ah okay thanks for that.

Can I safely switch from stoich mode (wideband) over to auto mode (wideband) and use the same AFR/Lambda target table assuming it was tuned on stoich mode (wideband) in order to enable the use of long term fuel trimming?

And is there an optimal CLL update rate per RPM/load?

6 minutes ago, K3rm1tTh3Fr0g said:

Can I safely switch from stoich mode (wideband) over to auto mode (wideband) and use the same AFR/Lambda target table assuming it was tuned on stoich mode (wideband) in order to enable the use of long term fuel trimming?

You don't need to change your AFR/Lambda target table, you will need to setup your Update Rate and Gain Control Tables.

7 minutes ago, K3rm1tTh3Fr0g said:

And is there an optimal CLL update rate per RPM/load?

The Update Rate values will depend on how long it takes changes to the amount of fuel being injected to be seen by the wideband sensor. A common method of finding this time is to start a log and bump the lambda target up or down and look in the log to see the time between the target change and the change in the recorded lambda value. At Slower engine speeds it will take longer for a change in amount of fuel to show up, at higher engine speeds you will see this change faster. You don't want to be updating your CLL trim value any faster than this delay.

Thanks for the explanation.

So does the ECU populate the CLL Long Term Trim Table itself with learned data?

And what is the suggested way to dial in gain control for LTT? I know it said excessively large numbers result in oscillation and too small will yield poor response.

13 minutes ago, K3rm1tTh3Fr0g said:

So does the ECU populate the CLL Long Term Trim Table itself with learned data?

If the CLL is adding fuel the current LTT table cell will slowly increment and if CLL is removing fuel the current LTT cell will decrement slowly. The value from the LTT table is always applied regardless of the CLL status.

13 minutes ago, K3rm1tTh3Fr0g said:

And what is the suggested way to dial in gain control for LTT? I know it said excessively large numbers result in oscillation and too small will yield poor response.

The gain is for the CLL not for the LTT, @Adamw might be best to answer that one but

Gain tuning is a matter of trial and error.  Put 2.0 in the zero error cell and 5.0 across the rest of the gain table as a starting point.  To get some ball park numbers I set up the engine to idle at about 2000rpm, set lambda target to 1.00 and adjust a block of cells in the fuel table around where it is operating so that it is running at 1.00 lambda (with CLL disabled).  Then enable CLL and do a "+3%" to that same block of operating cells in the fuel table, this should cause the CLL to use the gain in the 0.033 error cell.   Watch how long it takes CLL to bring the lambda back to target.  Return the fuel table cells back to original, double the CLL gain in the 0 &  0.033 error cells, then do the same +3% again and take note of CLL response.  Keep repeating that while doubling the gain for each test, when you get a big overshoot or oscillation you have gone too far.  Back it off until you get the fastest recovery possible without significant overshoot or oscillation.  Then you can move on to a similar process but adding 6.6% to tune the 0.066 error cell etc.  

Thanks a lot of the help.

I have an unrelated question regarding latched launch control.

I am trying to use the front windshield sprayer button on the stalk as my LLC activation as I have the sprayer deleted, and I can't figure out how to add it. I don't see it as a DI switch like the rear demister.

Thanks!