Knock sensor on G4X HC92X

Manes

hi,

I am starting to work on the link ecu in a professional capacity and I need information for the knock sensor on the HC92X version.
I need to connect a bosch sensor and I see that the output is not wired which is a real shame. Can you tell me which card outputs correspond to the knock outputs? I suppose I could find the output by following the printed track of the HC96X but I prefer to have the information here.

Thx for your help :D

I can give some info if you are well experienced with PCB soldering, ESD practices and have a reasonably powerful soldering iron - say 60W or so.  The stubs that you need to solder to are highly conductive copper/gold and set in plastic so you need to get the heat in and out fast before things go soggy.  

Note modifying the ecu may void its lifetime warranty.

7 minutes ago, Adamw said:

I can give some info if you are well experienced with PCB soldering, ESD practices and have a reasonably powerful soldering iron - say 60W or so.  The stubs that you need to solder to are highly conductive copper/gold and set in plastic so you need to get the heat in and out fast before things go soggy.  

Note modifying the ecu may void its lifetime warranty.

I'm definitely not, but I was going to run through the instructions with a local guy who has done ecu work for me previously and see if he was comfortable with it. Alternatively if you are able to provide details to return to Link for this process and I can evaluate/plan for the downtime.

I have experience and am equipped for micro welding (100w precision soldering iron). I can have the matches to add the option ? If is fitted properly can I retain the warranty? I will not damage the card by making a simple bridge between 2 pins. It would be a shame to have to install the hc96x with harness everywhere because of that...

• 1 year later...
On 2/10/2023 at 9:36 PM, Adamw said:

I will PM you guys both some instructions.  If you want it done by Link you can contact [email protected] to get more info.  

Hi Adam,

Could you please send me those instructions too?
My HC92X is ordered and on its way. Would really like to hookup my Bosch wideband knock sensor.

Have 7 years SMD soldering experience and got all the right tools for this process.

On 3/18/2024 at 10:17 AM, Joeyschrama said:

Hi Adam,

Could you please send me those instructions too?
My HC92X is ordered and on its way. Would really like to hookup my Bosch wideband knock sensor.

Have 7 years SMD soldering experience and got all the right tools for this process.

I forgot to tag @Adamw
Sorry for the spam.

ECU will be arriving tomorrow. Can't wait to set everything up!