Link to AEM CD7 custom can bus stream

ASP

20230224_081238.thumb.jpg.4b12dcbd0c01d01561a9b8ca82b2b01f.jpg20230224_081250.thumb.jpg.c49e9b06f98f47e08811c562976004d4.jpg20230224_081304.thumb.jpg.37b83f50894270dd875d75997fa01350.jpgHi all

Working with a g4x pnp dc5 ecu. 

I have extra sensors that I can read in link and want to transmit to aem dash. 

I made a custom stream and assigned to the generic stream 1 transmit. 

Problem is that I can not get aem dash to read the stream that link is sending. 

Can anyone help please, I'm pulling whatever hair I have left out. 

BTW AEM tech support was not helpful at all. 

Thanks

Stefan 

Edited by ASP
Added images

Take a look at some of the information in this thread including the G4+ files that I attached in there to see if it may help.  You'll need to download the G4+ PC Link software to view them.  I *think* your start bit is incorrect (I know the arrow on the AEM dash is confusing).  Also the CAN ID i know is different between the two - but it's been a couple years since I messed with that car.  We did successfully send a custom stream I believe as well.

Many manufacturers use different conventions for bit numbering or positions, so when there are visual tools provided it is easiest to just use those to match things up visually at both ends.  You will see in my first screenshot of the AEM software I have adjusted the start bit so that the meth channel is sitting nicely in Byte 0 & 1, filling completely both bytes. 

In my pic of the link stream set up down the bottom you will notice the visual tool is laid out a bit differently, rather than the bytes stacked vertically like AEM, we have them horizontally, but you can still see I have the Meth pressure channel set so it completely fills byte 0 &1.  

A couple of other things you need to change is the ID on the meth channel in the AEM software should be the same as the CAN ID that is on the mode tab for Transmit User Stream 1 channel in the Link setup.  I have used 1100 in my example.  An in you stream set up in Link you need to set the Frame ID position to None, this is only used for compound or multiplexed messages.  

Hiz3T5e.png

ByKYMqi.png

uMakPYj.png