CAN Lambda Wire-In

James West

Hey

I need to wire my CAN Bus in my car. i have a Link Atom 2, Aim Strata dash and CAN lambda. The CAN lambda connection is inbetween the dash and ECU.

Can i crimp both the dash & ecu CAN High wires into the Deutsch plug connector terminal on the link CAN lambda device? And same with the LOW? or does the CAN bus need to run from the dash to the ECU uninterrupted and the lambda be spliced in?

Thanks

CAN Lambda.pdf

Yeah this is what I call "daisy chaining" and is actually preferred as the stub length is then zero.  Just not too many good connectors allow you to squeeze 2 wires into the one terminal and the environmental seal is compromised so not the best option in all scenarios.  I typically use 24AWG when I want to go that way. 

It is up to you, it will have no affect on the electrical performance of the bus.  Use whatever you think is appropriate for the application, for example in a road car interior the braided sleeving or even nothing would be suitable in a lot of areas, if it is a jetski that is run in saltwater then you would want tinned wire and a fully environmentally sealed harness.