TTX Cruise Control

byront8

Are there any plans to support native cruise control switch on the TTX in a MK1 TT?

Pins required are 38/57/75/76 to operate off the stalk, but these are NC on the wiring pinout for the TTX? Really would love to be able to have stock cruise control.

Yes it would be nice but unfortunately it is a fair way down our list of priorities at the moment, there's quite a few plug-ins ahead of it which badly need an update.  I believe back when we designed that ecu the car we purchased and all local cars we tested on didnt have cruise. 

Looking at the wiring diagrams we have it is not very clear how the switch works.  Do you have any info on it?   

A CAN keypad may be a nice way to do it.  

Hey Adam

I have a wiring diagram somewhere that shows operation - and my car is located in CHCH. So if it ever boils up to the top of the priortiy list, happy to help with the hardware already installed.

How would I go about setting this up on the keypad? I have one that has spare buttons.

Something like below.  I would use a table button for the cruise on switch so you can have different colors to indicate status - this example would be LED off when cruise is off, green when cruise is enabled but not active, red when enabled and set/active.  Simple buttons for the rest.  

2YlrZhj.png

Yeah we have a similar drawing but the internal schematic of the switch didnt make a lot of sense without knowing what position it was drawn in and how it mechanically works.     

So according to the notes above, the schematic must be drawn in the "ON" position, OFF would be the lower set of contacts on the 3 pole switch and Res would be the upper contacts.  The Set button would be the lower independent switch in the schematic.  How does the switch mechanically work - does it latch in OFF or ON but only momentary/spring return for Res?  

• pin 38 would have 12V all the time, in all three switch positions.  Not sure what that does but our ecu wouldnt need it.
  • pin 76 would have 12V in ON and RES positions, this would be the "Cruise On" input.
  • pin 75 would have 12V only in the RES position, this would be the resume input.
  • Pin 57 would have 12V only when the SET button is pressed, this would be the SET input.
  • There is no cruise cancel switch, a bit odd but I guess you have to use the brake pedal?