TTX Cluster Oil pressure MIL

byront8

Switched my oil pressure switch out of the TT MK1 for a combined oil and temp sensor - this is wired into An Temp3 and An Volt 10, this works very well.

The stock car had an oil switch that would turn the oil MIL off the cluster when the pressure reached a certain point. I was trying to mimic this using a spare ignition pin (Ign6), so when the conditions are correct the MIL turns off.

If I set this pin to low, the MIL is on, if i set it to high, the MIL is off - however, the "test" function does nothing, for some reason I cannot trigger it to turn on or off? Any help is greatly appreciated

GP output.JPG

So to confirm when connected to the ECU and engine not running the oil presssure lamp is on and you are changing the Active State between High and Low to check our wiring but when you turn on the Test setting the light does not change? If so this would be expected as the output is already on due to the oil pressure being low because the engine light is off.

Does setting the Test function to ON (PWM) result in the MIL flashing at the specified frequency?

Hey Vaughan

Yes so the behaviour so far i can understand:

• switch is set to low - MIL on, set "test to ON" - MIL on
  • switch is set to high - MIL off, set "test to ON" - MIL off
  • switch is set to high - MIL off, set "test to PWM" - MIL on

That sounds like the expected behaviour and your settings in the first post should work correctly assuming the lamp has 12V connected to the other side and you are using the ecu to ground it.  

• When set to low with the engine off, all GP conditions would be met so ign 6 would be active (active low means connected to ground).  With "test ON" you are forcing it active regardless of the conditions so the result will be the same (low/ground).
  • When set to high with the engine off, all GP conditions would be met so ign 6 would be active (active high means the aux would be open circuit or 12V), lamp would be off.  With "test ON" you are forcing it active (again High/12V) so the result would be the same.
  • With it set to "Test PWM" it should flash regardless of whether active state is set to high or low as it will spend half its time high and half its time low.  If the frequency is set relatively low (say 5Hz) you should see it flash, if it is set to say higher than 30Hz it will be flashing so fast it will appear to just be on constantly.