Tune history and code 75

Michaelwrx

I'm having two problems with my wrx.

first problem is that I have uploaded an old tune onto the ecu and I did not save a copy of the new tune, I was just wondering if there was a way for me to somehow get the new tune back on, or will I have to ask my tuner to send me a copy?

The second problem is that I have been having trouble with code 75. whenever I would stab the throttle the DBW would shut close, killing the car. I'd replaced the DBW and it only lasted a few weeks until it killed the car while driving and the butterfly has shut closed.

thanks

There is no way to recover a tune that has been over written.  

Error 75 is TP/Target error which means the throttle position is not following the target close enough, most likely a tuning issue.  If you can do a log of some driving and attach that and a copy of your tune then I will take a look.  

That throttle fault is very odd.  When that fault has occurred, if you power cycle the ignition does it instantly start working again or no?  It almost looks like it has broken the gears when you lifted off or something has disconnected as the ecu is sending full power to the motor but it is just resting on the return spring.  

The idle hang is due to the base position table, it looks like your engine only needs about 4% to idle at the target RPM, but the base position table has 5.5% in it at normal running temps, so update those cells.  Change the minimum clamp to 3.5% also. 

I would also change the idle dashpot settings, these work well in our subaru: Dashpot offset 0.3%, dashpot hold 0.5s, dashpot decay 0.1.

With the throttle, the butterfly is stuck shut and I have to manually push it open to get it unstuck, then I would re-calibrate the throttle position and it will work again. but it happens again when I put my foot down at a faster pass and left off a bit faster, it will then get shut closed.

ok thank you very much, I'll be sure to make those adjustments.

2 hours ago, Michaelwrx said:

With the throttle, the butterfly is stuck shut and I have to manually push it open to get it unstuck, then I would re-calibrate the throttle position and it will work again. but it happens again when I put my foot down at a faster pass and left off a bit faster, it will then get shut closed.

Ok that explains what im seeing.  When you lift off, it undershoots its target of ~6% and slams shut.  This is due to the throttle tuning, too much proportional, not enough derivative and too much DC.  

Change the settings to match the example below, these are taken from our GRB STI test car which im pretty sure has the same throttle as the V10 and it works well, has never faulted.

zB6dMHE.png