Wiring in fuel and oil pressure sensors

Jamesn

Hi guys, 

I am installing sensors on my link g4+ atom and i have a few questions. My first one is that looking at picture i have attatched there are wires on my plug in truck that are in the spaces with no wires/or words. Does this make them unusable with my ecu or are they usable for something that isnt listed like a spare an?

Which brings me to my second question is that i have a spare an volt 2 wire which is the only one left free am i able to splice my 2 sensors into that one wire or is there another place that i can use for one of them?

Also i have the wires Dl 1 and Dl 2 avaliable what are these wires for?

And my final question is adventually i will get an oil temp sensor to wire in where abouts would i wire that into also?

Many thanks and happy to elaborate on parts if need be.

JamesScreenshot_20220726-211317_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.a5c7b06748d417e1aa7279e3d507f12d.jpg

The Atom is a stripped-down ecu designed for minimum cost and very basic applications.  It has more basic software/firmware with many advanced functions removed and some hardware removed.  The empty pins have no connection/no function. 

It only has 2 temp inputs and 3 analog inputs.  If you only have one analog input spare then you can only add one further sensor directly.  It is possible to use a 3rd party CAN bus module to bring in oil and fuel pressure, AEM have one as well as ECU master. 

DI 1/2 are digital inputs, they are used to connect things like switches (hi/low boost etc) and speed sensors. 

Thank you for your reply, now knowing the atom was a very basic ecu i probably would have gone for a bit better one with more an outputs but that was 6 odd years ago and just took it to a shop to get a link and get it running. Does the job tho so wont change it.

I have a powertune digital dash and have noticed they have these can i/O extender. Will this work in the case of being able to view my pressure readings through the dash but not on the link? And im guessing i would just splice the can high and low wires into this and the dash?

James

Screenshot_20230403_185256_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yes you can use a CAN analog device such as the power tune one and the ecu can receive the sensor data from it.  G4+ CAN inputs are quite limited but you are lucky in this case as oil and fuel pressure are a couple of the limited few parameters that can be input from CAN. 

Oil temp cannot be received via CAN so I would suggest wiring the oil temp sensor to your spare ecu analog input, you will need to add your own pull-up resistor as per picture below.  

X1yIOs6.png