LF Advice on Expansion Pinouts

Rippii

Hey all, currently looking to wire up my sensors to my Evo 9 G4+ PnP very soon. Just looking for a second opinion to cast an eye over my draft pinouts as I'm not experienced.

My car is an Evo 8 (3 Plug/Evo 9 ECU). Power Goal will be low 300kw (59mm turbo/FP Black) on 98RON for context.

Will be running Bosch Dual Temp/Pressure Sensors. Dual Pump Setup, thinking PWM Primary and stage second pump on TPS or Boost (will let tuner decide).

Sensor Locations:

Oil: Direct on Oil Filter Housing

Fuel: FPR (Temp unused due to not enough inputs/Least important?)

Coolant: Water Neck

Expansion 1: ("Primary Sensors")

DI 9/10: Unused (Not sure what to use for - will be running 8 button keypad)

AUX 11: Secondary Fuel Pump Relay

Volt 11: Fuel Pressure

Volt 8: Oil Pressure

Temp 4: Oil Temp

Expansion 2: DBW!! (Fully Occupied)

MAF Plug

AFM Signal: AIT

Ambient Temp: Coolant Temp

Unused: Coolant Pressure

Misc: Intercooler Spray 12V wire to Continental/Bosch (OEM Retrofit) PWM Fuel Pump Controller.

The spray pump plug has a 12V in and a ground wire out. I'm assuming that I just use the 12V signal as an input and I can ignore the ground wire for the IC Spray wiring?

Somewhat confident with the Expansion 1 Loom, not too sure about the Unused MAF wire for Coolant Pressure though.

Any constructive input would be appreciated.

761ACCED-BA9F-4714-A7E9-60F0766A627A.png

9 hours ago, Rippii said:

MAF Plug

AFM Signal: AIT

Ambient Temp: Coolant Temp

Unused: Coolant Pressure

What happened to the factory IAT on Temp 2?

What happened to the factory coolant temp sensor on Temp 1?

There is only 1 analog input and one temp input at the maf plug, so not sure how you are connecting 3 sensors to it?  

9 hours ago, Rippii said:

Misc: Intercooler Spray 12V wire to Continental/Bosch (OEM Retrofit) PWM Fuel Pump Controller.

The spray pump plug has a 12V in and a ground wire out. I'm assuming that I just use the 12V signal as an input and I can ignore the ground wire for the IC Spray wiring?

The spray pump 12V comes from pump relay.  The ecu only controls the relay, there is no connection direct from the ecu to the pump plug.  You will have to run a new wire for the PWM signal from the ecu to the controller.

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

What happened to the factory IAT on Temp 2?

What happened to the factory coolant temp sensor on Temp 1?

There is only 1 analog input and one temp input at the maf plug, so not sure how you are connecting 3 sensors to it?

I was thinking that it would be better to run the Bosch temp over the stock water temp sensor. 

I guess I'll leave out the coolant temp wiring then and that will sort out those issues. (Already purchased Bosch Dual Sensors)

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

The spray pump 12V comes from pump relay.  The ecu only controls the relay, there is no connection direct from the ecu to the pump plug.  You will have to run a new wire for the PWM signal from the ecu to the controller.

How about using the signal wire that goes to the ic spray relay? For the fuel pump control module 

1 hour ago, Rippii said:

How about using the signal wire that goes to the ic spray relay? For the fuel pump control module 

Im pretty sure the relay is in the engine bay, I was assuming your pump controller would be somewhere near the pump towards the rear of the car.   

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

Im pretty sure the relay is in the engine bay, I was assuming your pump controller would be somewhere near the pump towards the rear of the car.   

Looking to mount pump controller (not factory) towards rear seats near the fuel cradle.

Shouldn't be too hard to cut and splice the signal wire for IC sprayer, and run it towards the back of the car into the pump controller?

And just coming back to the MAF wiring, Pin 3 (AFM Signal) is the AN2 I can use for Coolant Pressure?

3 hours ago, Rippii said:

Shouldn't be too hard to cut and splice the signal wire for IC sprayer, and run it towards the back of the car into the pump controller?

That's what I originally said, "You will have to run a new wire from the ecu to the pump controller".  

Edit:  I just had a further thought - The IC Spray relay is controlled by Inj 7, this cant do GP PWM, only Aux 1-8 can.  Since you have changed to DBW you should have aux 5-8 free as the idle stepper is no longer required, one of these will do your pump PWM.  

3 hours ago, Rippii said:

And just coming back to the MAF wiring, Pin 3 (AFM Signal) is the AN2 I can use for Coolant Pressure?

Yes, as well as the 5V and ground.