"No Data" from Trigger Scope

jmitash

I'm a novice and am trying to get started with setting up my 2JZGTE VVTi engine with a Link G4x Fury. I haven't gotten to any real tuning yet, but am just trying to confirm that all my sensors are in order before I go for the first startup. Specifically for the sake of this post, the crankshaft and camshaft sensors.

I am using the OEM VR sensors, and have configured them as pictured in "Trigger Config.png" - Trigger 1 being crankshaft, Trigger 2 being camshaft.

When cranking the engine using the starter motor, I am seeing RPM registered from 70-150, which I believe is pretty typical for just the starter motor. However, I get a rising trigger error count and would like to see the waveform so I can adjust the arming thresholds. I'm failing to understand how to use the "Trigger Scope" feature, though.

From what I have read in the docs and seen from prior forum posts, I am doing the following:

1. Holding the "starter trigger" wire in my harness to +12v - this starts cranking the engine
  2. Delaying a couple of seconds to allow the engine to spin up
  3. Clicking "Capture" once and waiting for data to display

However, all the Time Plots in the trigger scope continue to display "NO DATA" (see "Trigger Scope - No Data.png") even after running the starter for an additional ~10 seconds. I do see that the realtime values stop updating after I click "Capture", and after a few seconds will resume. Clicking "Save" after this point does nothing.

I am thinking that I am missing something. Below is a screen recording I took to show what I'm doing. I've also attached a PC log I took while cranking one time ("pcbad.llgx") and my map ("S13 2JZGTE VVTi.pclx"). Any advice is appreciated to get the Trigger Scope working.

Trigger Config.png

Trigger Scope - No Data.png

pcbad.llgx S13 2JZGTE VVTi.pclx

Thats a weird one, it looks like you are doing it correctly but its a little odd how it looks like coms drops out when you click capture.  If you click capture without the engine cranking, do you then get two lines drawn?  

Is this actually a windows PC, not a mac running a VM or something?  And is PC link installed in the default C:\Link G4X\PCLink G4X directory?

If I click "Capture" while not cranking, I see the same "No Data" plots. I also noticed that I don't think it's comms dropping out, but rather the whole PCLink program becomes briefly unresponsive and pauses rendering while the Capture is running. For example, I cannot even drag the window around immediately after clicking capture.

Yeah, it's a native Windows 11 PC. I just recently reset everything.

I had changed the install location to "C:\Program Files\Link G4X\PCLink G4X". However, I just uninstalled and reinstalled back to the default location "C:\Link G4X\PCLink G4X", and it's working now! I suppose there may have been a permissions issue if installed in Program Files? Or the reinstall was what fixed it?

In either case, it's working now. Adam, thank you!

1 hour ago, jmitash said:

"C:\Link G4X\PCLink G4X", and it's working now! I suppose there may have been a permissions issue if installed in Program Files? Or the reinstall was what fixed it?

When taking a trigger scope it saves a copy of the trigger scope in the PCLink install Directory 'Logs' folder so permissions preventing that file save would absolutely cause a no data situation when trying to capture a scope.