Baro pressure sensor question, G4+ Fury

Pete_89t2

Some background info first: I live and normally drive my car at sea level, so I'll normally see a barometric pressure of at 14.7psi in PCLink or in my logs almost 100% of the time. Sometimes that baro reading may be slightly lower or higher at 14.6 or 14.8, if there is an unusually low or high pressure weather front moving in, respectively. Normal behavior I'd expect.

I just returned from a road trip to the Smokey Mountains where I had driven my car (FD RX7, single turbo build) up to about 6000 feet above sea level, and while there I noted that BAP would change relative to altitude, and those readings went as low as ~12.6psi BAP, which sounds about right. Upon returning home to sea level though, I've noticed that my BAP readings are on the low side - I've been consistently seeing 14.4 to 14.5psi BAP since returning, which seems odd. Last year when I made this same trip (annual Deals Gap Rotary Rally), my BAP sensor read the usual 14.7psi upon my returning home to sea level. Also I've noted that since returning, and while there at the high altitude, my idle stability is a bit off, though no changes were made to my tune file before or during the trip. So I'm wondering if the Fury's internal BAP sensor might have a part in this?

Questions - Are these symptoms indicative of a failing internal BAP sensor? If so, is that something that Link can repair?

Thanks!

37 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Is MAP reading the same as BAP with the engine off?  14.7psi Vs 14.5 is only ~1% difference so I doubt that is going to be noticeable in how it idles.  

I just went to check that. The MAP (using a Link 4 bar MAP sensor) was reading 14.5psi, BAP was reading at 14.4psi. Since they differed, I ran the MAP sensor calibration from the PCLink drop down, and after that both readings were sitting at 14.4psi. I agree the 14.7 vs 14.5psi BAP is a small difference, and probably won't noticeably effect idle. I just find it odd that BAP is reading off from it's usual sea level norm after this trip, but didn't do that last year.