G4x extreme wiring question

wordword

I came across a good deal on a Xtreme ECU, for use in an Evo 4, 4g63t engine. I want to take my time and build a new harness as this would be my first time building a harness. So untill then I'm trying to use a breakout board to wire the ECU into my existing harness. I have a few questions about this, each link ECU connector has 4 grounds but the Evo harness has 2, can I split this? Each link ECU connector has 2 sensor grounds but the Evo harness has 1, can I split? The 14 volt on connector B, do I still wire this if I'm not using E-throttle?

• wordword changed the title to G4x extreme wiring question

Probably just 2 power grounds will be ok provided the wires are decent size.  You would likely only be putting 6-10A to ground with everything maxed out.

You dont need both sensor ground pins connected. 

B5 will need to be powered.  Note you are going to need to add a bit of extra stuff to control the main relay for ECU hold power.  Something like below should work I think.  Mitsi pin numbers on the left, Link ecu on the right:

oVEwl0k.png

37 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Probably just 2 power grounds will be ok provided the wires are decent size.  You would likely only be putting 6-10A to ground with everything maxed out.

You dont need both sensor ground pins connected. 

B5 will need to be powered.  Note you are going to need to add a bit of extra stuff to control the main relay for ECU hold power.  Something like below should work I think.  Mitsi pin numbers on the left, Link ecu on the right:

oVEwl0k.png

So for the grounds I can do the following?

Pin 13 --> pin A25

Pin 26 --> pin B25

Pin 92 --> pin A24

Also, I'm not seeing info on Evo shielded  wires and how it's handed in the harness, so what should I do with pin A7 and B17?

12 hours ago, wordword said:

So for the grounds I can do the following?

Pin 13 --> pin A25

Pin 26 --> pin B25

Pin 92 --> pin A24

Yes.

12 hours ago, wordword said:

Also, I'm not seeing info on Evo shielded  wires and how it's handed in the harness, so what should I do with pin A7 and B17?

The trigger wires arent shielded in the evo factory loom.