Need continuous ALS for rally car

daled

Hello,

I am new to Link ECUs and I want to setup continuous ALS on my I20 R5+. The idea is that when ALS button is switched, ALS will be active at idle and deceleration. This will cause the turbo to push to its limits and provide instant boost at any time stage mode is activated. What parameters should I apply to make the requirements above operating?

Any replies would be helpful. Thanks!

Is it GDI still?  Does it have electronic throttle?  Does it have an egt sensor connected to the ecu?  What controls does the driver have - is there only an on/off switch or is there a cal knob as well?

Note ALS isn't usually active during idle, generally only over-run, at idle you would usually have it set up to switch to cyclic idle to get all the temperatures back under control.   How aggressive you can go with the ALS strategy to achieve "instant boost" usually comes down to how comfortable the driver is with the push effect.

Yes, the engine is still GDI. It has an electronic throttle and an egt sensor. The engine is specifically built to be super responsive and to withstand the demands of continuous ALS. The driver has a knob to control the level of response for the ALS, and is comfortable with the push effect.

Ok, I have no personal experience with ALS with a GDI engine but I can give you a basic set up to work from, you will really want an experienced tuner involved as it is very easy to cause serious damage with ALS.