Link G4X Plugin HC92x Knock Control

Seran

Heya guys!, finally got my self a Link ECU. I failed to realize the OBD1 version doesn't have knock sensor pinouts. So instead of having my ECU getting shipped back to NZ for the modification (and suffer the downtime), I thought of just going for a CANBUS based Knock Control instead since the Plugin ECU has CANBUS pinouts.

My question is, what CANBUS knock monitors are best suited for the Link ECU, and I also wanted to ask which one is the "best bang for your buck".

Thanks guys!

CAN bus is not particularly useful for knock as your measurement needs to be synchronous with crankshaft position.  To make the native knock input available it is not an especially technical job - basically soldering a wire link in.  Do you or any of your friends have experience with soldering?

1 minute ago, Adamw said:

CAN bus is not particularly useful for knock as your measurement needs to be synchronous with crankshaft position.  To make the native knock input available it is not an especially technical job - basically soldering a wire link in.  Do you or any of your friends have experience with soldering?

Yes, I do have a friend who's very experienced with soldering. Do you have a writeup on how to go over it?