i88 PnP for Evo - Knock module help

smashing

Hi All,

My tuner is in the process of mapping my evo using the i88 PnP board and he's informed me that the knock control functionality only records knock data below 6 or 7k rpm. Has he set something up wrongly or is this the case? If so, what would be the reasoning behind it. Lastly, is there an easy way to setup up background knock levels on this ecu?

There is an RPM lockout that is adjustable. You can have this higher but accurately detecting knock at these high RPMs is not often able to be done due to the amount of background noise.

Logging the noise level on a safe tune is about the only way.

Thanks for that! One more quick question...My tuner has just sent me some data for a recent dyno run. I've downlaoded the VIPEC software but when I try to load in the data it tells me something along the lines of ' this data is locked to the ECU and can only be viewed when connected?' Any tips?

Thanks

Julian

Hi Si,

Could you forward your e-mail address? I've managed to open the files now by changing their format to .llg (simply renaming the files). On a side note, I'm still unsure as to whether the knock sensor is actually reading the correct value; it's a bosch 3 wire, current gain set to 1, it's been wired into pin 78 for the evo 6, with 2 grounds (one from the shielding), but I have also noticed a digital input 5 labelled as knock (which I though is only for the amplifier, which is not needed with the i88 PnP model?). The channel is currently being logged at 10Hz, but doesn't ever seem to jump 70-100, even on high boost runs. Any help on potential knock settings which could be amiss?

I'll happily send over the map and logged data!

Kind regards,

Julian