Using ABS sensor as speed input.

1uz-fze

Hi Everyone, I'm looking to use the the abs sensor on my Toyota R154 gearbox as a speed input for my ecu.

Part number 89544-14020

I have wired it up but i am not getting any signal from it, so either i have a stuffed sensor or i have done something wrong (likely to be the latter)

Here is a link to the sensor details: http://cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=BR&P=68,

http://cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=BR&P=69

Here is the link to the ABS diagram of the supra http://cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=110 - please note wiring colour differences

Currently i have +12v wired up to RR+ (white wire), RR- (black wire) to ground, Psen to My digital input.

Stupidly I assumed the Positive and negative to be RR+ and RR- but on a 2nd look i am unconvinced.

Any help Appreciated.

Cheers, Luke.

Hi Simon, speed sensor now operation, but when i bring up a basic gauge in VTS to show speed, its accurate until 95kmph and then the gauge starts from zero again and begins to work its way back up (like its gone once round).I am using the settings you described with a calibration number of 6150.

I haven't had a chance to play with settings to much yet, but is this likely to be a the way the display gauge is setup, or due to the frequency being input being to high for the ecu? Tooth count is 44.

Thanks.

Not the latest firmware, but i updated it not to long ago, but will update to latest and try again. Please note the sensor is on the output shaft and not the wheel (hence the high number)?

It has 44 teeth so by my maths that's not many revs per second to get to the 500hz max?

Cheers.

Not the latest firmware, but i updated it not to long ago, but will update to latest and try again. Please note the sensor is on the output shaft and not the wheel (hence the high number)?

It has 44 teeth so by my maths that's not many revs per second to get to the 500hz max?

Cheers.

This intrests me too since I am running 42 teeth ABS and I loose the speed at app. 250 kph. Rather annoying if running gear by boost and gear indicator jumps to 1st gear where boost setting is different than in 5th gear.

Upgraded to new firmware, but i watched the frequency of my DI as speed was building and at that certain point it just resets back to zero and starts counting again. Next time my gearbox is out I will remove some teeth, this should bring the frequency back and make it readable.