AEM sensor will not accept calibration!! HELP

ken1436215443

I been having so much problem using aem sensors (5 bar map, 150 PsiG sensor for fuel pressure log ect...) the LINK G4 would show it at 5v even when engine is off with IGN on. I change out 3 map and 2 pressure sensor so far with the same result. with both type of sensor. Im 100% sure my cal table is correct. This only happen with aem sensor GM Map sensor work flawless. And once the sensor read 5v with my link g4 ecu the sensor is permanently bad it will always read 5 volt even with other ecu....

The ECU is detecting the voltage is at 5V on the input pin for that volt channel.

You can double check this with a volt meter at the ECU or sensor on the signal wire.

If its reading 5V then the wiring is incorrect or the sensor is dead.

cal table is  input  A .5V

input  B 4.5V

kPa

output A 100 kPa

output B 1134 kPa

If the AEM sensor has a 0-5 output there should be no issue using it.

We would however normally recommend a TI sensor (but they are relatively expensive)

If you disconnect the sensor signal from the ECU and measure with a volt meter do you see 5 volts or something different?

I run the AEM 150 psig sensor for my fuel pressure and oil pressure indication.  You really need to make sure the +5v and analog out wires aren't swapped on the AEM sensor compared to the stock one.  Other than that there is no reason it shouldn't work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

3.5volts on the signal wire is not normal if the sensor is unpluged.

Assuming this voltage is not dropping off.

Double check you have the correct input wire to the ECU, do not trust the wire color check the location at the ECU header.

yes i just double check and it the right wire an volt 3. I have no clue why it reading 3.5 volt without a sensor plug in. Just to test it i put one of my volt meter lead on  the car battery positive and signal wire i get about 8 volt. I dont know what feeding it getting ground.