Starter Control

Steve Bull

Looking into setting up starter control from my Can Keypad via a PDM. Now ive seen theres 2 options that will work

1)  Stop/Start

2) Touch Start.

With the 1st option do you have to keep the button pressed for it to work, rather than just one touch.

With option 2 from what i can see just one touch of the button will start the engine. But will another input as the stop switch stop the engine. 

With both of theses when i press the Start button i want the Accusump to prime the MOG before the engine turns. I've looked into a few way for it to work, but it would mean holding the start signal until the oil pressure is 20psi.

So touch start and Stop/Start are almost the same.

Now i know that touch start will also stop the engine that good. Ill get the PDM to send a  tigger the accusump before starting. Then once it up to 20psi, via another group output ill send the signal for touch start on CAN DI 1. Then also get the pdm to send signal to stop on can di 2. Ill work something out.

The accusump needs to be on before cranking with the logic that the start button has been pressed and RPM is zero, or Starter control /= engine running. i was using a few timers and logic and it worked somtimes but had trouble starting. When i by passed it and just has the ecu stop the engine it was fine. Must have a signal stopping and starting at the same time.